Never Have I Ever Fallen In Love.

I've been alone since the beginning.

I've kept to living in the woods, away from any so-called human beings. I had no help from anyone.

No one to watch my back. No one to help me kill the huge herds that chased after me. No one to talk to or interact with.

Hell, I ain't the most talkative person but sometimes, like the darkest nights when all you can hear is moaning coming from the dead around you while you wait nervously for one of them to figure out you're hiding in some hillbilly's old car boot, you'd like someone there with you. If not to talk to, to look at you and say "it'll be alright." with their eyes.

Of course it isn't alright. Nothing is now.

The armed forces are gone. The doctors have gone. The teachers, shop assistants, fire fighters, police, they've gone. Those nosey neighbours that always have their nose in your business? Yeah, they're gone to. Civilisation as we know it is gone, and why? Some flesh-eating geeks decided they wanted to chow down on us humans.

I was desperate.

So when I saw a farm house, seemingly untouched, away from the highway yet close enough to a small town which I could make supply runs to, I had thought I had struck gold.

The place was surrouded by acres of land that had wells dotted around and what looked like a chicken coop with something alive moving in it. There were 2 horses, slowly pacing the fields. I was surprised at their health and the fact they hadn't been made into a geek's lunch like I nearly had been, dozens of times.

The place was deserted of any living human being, from what I could see.

How wrong I was.