Chapter 6

I couldn't believe that Daryl had kissed me. After all of these years...

Did he still love me?

I thought back to the first time I met him. I fell in love with him instantly. He was so awkward but it was kinda cute. I smiled to myself.

Fuck! Scout!

I mentally slapped myself and let out a deep sigh.

"You OK?" Maggie asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Fine...I guess."

"You know I'm always here if you want to talk."

"Thanks Mags." I replied, giving her a soft smile. She was about to speak again until someone shouting interrupted her.

"MAGGIE!" I heard Glenn shout from the new group's make shift camp.

That boy had it bad for her. The way he looked at her when he thought no one was looking. The way he tried to get near to her, whatever he had to do. The look on his face when she gave him the time of the day...

"Listen, I gotta go." Maggie said coolly, glancing in his direction with a small smile on her face.

I smirked and nodded.

I waved Maggie goodbye and headed for the house. Seeing Daryl walk past the window changed my mind though and I chose to walk the fields instead. 

Clear my mind.

Tonight was pretty cold...

Daryl...

I couldn't get the thought of him out of my head.

Why? I don't know...

Daryl...

Daryl...

I suddenly heard a small grunt next to me. I grabbed the knife from the back of my belt and kept it in my hand, just to be on the safe side. A dark figure walked slowly towards me and I backed away a little.

Jesus. How am I going to fight a walker off when I could barely see anything a metre away from me?

"Shouldn't be out 'ere on yer own."

Ugh.

Daryl.

How the hell did he even get out here without me seeing?

"I can take care of myself." I snarled back at him, gripping the knife in my hand tighter.

"Fine. Dumb bitch..."

"Excuse me?" I snapped.

"You heard."

I ignored him and started stomping back to the house. Daryl headed for the woods. 

Pft.

I made my own way back onto the farm only to hear someone shouting.

"Walker! WALKER!"

I quickly looked around but could only see nothing. 

That's when everything went black...