잘 했어

Jihoon's POV

"Why don't you accept Jihoon?" Daehwi asked Jinyoung.

I've had this big crush on Jinyoung since day one, but he never seems to do the same back. My one-sided crush was hopeless.

Everyday I tried to talk to him and get closer to him, but he just pushes me away. I have confessed to him a multiple times and each time I get rejected.

I know I should stop liking him when I know that it is not healthy for me. I already know that he likes Daehwi but whenever I tried to give up, I just thought maybe....just maybe....there's a slight chance for him to like me. Why am I like that?

"I don't like him Daehwi, then why don't you like me?" I heard Jinyoung's conversation with Daehwi.

Each word pierced my heart. Making me hurt ten times more but I could say that I'm already numbed to it.

"I have a boyfriend if you forgotten Bae Jinyoung. Jihoon likes you so much more than you like me. You just like me because I'm cute. I mean, everybody likes me. You don't truly love me. Everybody knows that." Daehwi said with a slightly annoyed tone.

Everyone was just staring at the three of us.

"That's not true..." Jinyoung said looking as if he was guilty.

Daehwi was my only chance of making sure that Jinyoung does not get a lover. Daehwi, hopefully, will never accept him because he loves his boyfriend so much. They are literally couple goals.

Jinyoung seemed to be angry as he stomped off before anybody could stop him. I chased after him, making sure that he does not do anything stupid.

I saw him walking into the school gym. He always goes there if he's stressed out or sad. I'm not stalking him I swear *cough*.

He sat on the bench and hugged his knees. He seemed sad and I went towards him to comfort him.

"Jinyoung?" He looked up at me.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be the reason that Daehwi made you mad. Do you need anything? Water perhaps?"

"Get out Jihoon, stop annoying me for once. I want to be alone, can't you see that? Are you pretending or are you really that stupid?" Why was he so mean? All I wanted to do was to comfort him, I guess him seeing me is already as annoying as it is.

"I was just...trying to help..."

"Well stop. This is not the time for you to act nice just because you like me. Why not use your time on something else instead of sticking your nose into other people's business?"

This was too much. He was right, why am I even doing this? I clenched my fist and tried to keep my tears in. I don't want to show him my weak side.

"You know what? You're right. Why am I even here when I could be having my lunch? Why am I suffering so much for a person like you? Why do I even need to care if you would hurt yourself? Without you I wouldn't be so depressed all this time and I could be making memories I should have for an eighteen year old boy like me. Well guess what, I guess I was just too stupid to only realise all of this now. After the many wounds you gave me, I should just give up on you but too bad, I like you so much that my heart doesn't follow my mind. Lucky for you, you won't be able to see me anymore. I came to tell you that I'm moving to another state but it seems like you wouldn't even care. Goodbye Jinyoung. Oh how I wish I've never met you at all in my life." I tried really hard to tell him what I wanted to say.

Yes I'm leaving and it seems like I'm granting him a wish. There was this lump in my throat and I swallowed it as hard as I could.

I turned around and walked away. As my face was away from him, tears started to roll down my cheek. My heart ached so much, who knew someone can make me feel so much pain.