지켜줄게

Ong's POV

"Guys, they're coming again." Our team captain Sungwoon said.

"Gosh....why do they always attack the wall when we are having our lunch?" I groaned. (*This is not attack on titan I swear.)

This has been happening for six months now. Some drug was created and could turn people into zombies.

The government quickly thought of a solution and built a wall. However, the water was not really strong as it was built in such a short time.

So, there were two teams, the killing and the protecting team. The killing team kills the zombie and when they found a survivor, they would call the protecting team to get these people to safety.

I was more of a violent person compared to protecting, so I automatically became part of the killing team.

"We're all gonna die if y'all take so long." Sungwoon yelled.

"On it!"

We took our weapons and prepared to head out. This happens everyday that I won't even get nervous anymore. To die or not to die, at least I'm doing the right thing.

'You, take cover there.' The captain ordered me with sign language.

'👌'

"Why are there so many today?" I took a peek and saw all the figures trying to break the wall down.

"Please sir......help him....." I turned to see a man in a corner. He was covered in blood and his blonde hair was almost turning red.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?" I whispered to him.

"Help him sir." I looked at the direction he was pointing at.

There was a boy lying there, bruises everywhere. I went to the boy and found blood on his shirt.

"Where are you bleeding?"

The boy looked up at me and points at the man.

"It's his blood....not mine." What?! Then why did he ask me to save the boy.

I contacted the protecting team and waited for them.

"Don't worry, you'll be safe now."

"I can't leave yet, I have to find this boy's mother."

"He's not your family?"

"I found him on the streets, crying for his mother."

"I'll find him, why not you go back in, behind the walls."

"I can't, I made a promise to the kid."

"Then I'll come with you."

The team had came to get the boy and now the man and I are trying to look for his mother.

"Wait here, I'll go check that place out."

"Wait! Don't leave me. Let's go together." He tugged onto the hem of my shirt and looked at me with puppy eyes.

I don't know why but I had this urge of protecting him. It's kind of like I didn't want the protecting team to come get him, I wanted to protect him myself.

"It's not safe out there. I'll be real quick." I moved his hand away but he didn't budge.

"No! I'll go with you."

"What's your name?"

"Huh?"

"If we're going to work together I need to know you're name. Besides, you're kinda cute. Without the blood and everything." He blushed and looked down.

"D-daniel..."

"I'm Seongwoo, you're probably younger so just call me hyung ok?"

"Ok hyung...."

"Alright let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~