Chapter 2

If I had to thank someone for my reflexes...it would probably be myself. Lets be realistic for a second. I had no one.

I got out of my complex situation(thankfully) with a bruised lip and a blackened eye.

Oh! And a swelling in my backyard. I'll have to dispose of it in another way...before it starts reeking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wore a clean pair of grey jeans and a white buttoned tee and headed over to the dressing table.

I never wore makeup before in such occasions. Honestly, I'd say it didn't matter much...but now I actually have someone to impress plus, I had to conceal my wounds.

I packed a box with some leftover lasagna from when Sevira came over. Bless her and her sweet soul. I was thankful for the day my extrovert side gave into the pressure and stress of being lonely. And also gratified, for Sevira was sitting across to me at the moment.

The lasagna was two days old, but I could make my living out of it. And while I was stuffing it in my box, I remembered that I had homework to be completed.

I glanced at the clock. 6:38. I had time.

I opened my notebook and took out my phone. I flipped my notebook over to a fresh page and typed in "Formatting Output - iomanip functioning notes". And...well...started copying it down.

Before I was done, I heard my alarm go off.

7:59

"Shit"

The bus leaves in a minute. I crammed my book into my bag. I'm always late.

8:00

I grabbed my cycle from the front lawn and pulled. Biiiiigggg mistake.

I forgot about the chain.

8:03

I have to run.

8:04

"Shit"

8:19

"Shit"

8:23

"Shit"

I was appreciative of the school for being close by. I was still late.

8:39

I finally reached the front gate...Only to find it closed.