Chapter 1

My eyes scanned the basketball court,hoping he'd be there. My luck wouldn't let it be.

Maybe...He was with her .

His feelings for her were strong. I could see it - crystal clear, or...perhaps my crystal was tinted?

No. It was clear. She was better than I in several ways.

The engine revved, forcing me to push my thoughts aside and reminding me that my time with him was limited.

I browsed through the court once again and alas! with no alternative left, I got aboard the bus and left for home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ohio, Khasa", I voiced, to her portrait. Mother was fading. Her once bright blue eyes had now turned into a dirty turquoise and her glistening red hair was now a fading orange .Her skin was pale. I'll have to get her repainted soon.

I changed into my pajamas, flung into bed and tapped into my phone

I changed into my pajamas, flung into bed and tapped into my phone. Notifications were over 32 and that satisfied me. At-least online I had a personality. Sadly, It wasn't my own.

I opened up some of my favorite sites on the deep web. I was running low on pills and this was my platform to get them.

I browsed across the web with my senses working at their peaks. The last thing is want is to die the way my mother did.

After an estimated hour, I heard the faintest of faint male voices. My fingers froze and my heart felt heavy. Without a second thought, I ran towards the light switch and turned it off. I hid under my desk and hoped for the best.

My level of fear was proportional to the intensity of the voice. There was a point when I thought it was his , but I wasn't ready to take any chances.

The last thing I heard was the shattering of the window's glass.

' I want to see tomorrow'

'I want to see him again'

'No matter what'