6

Yoongi picks up his papers and stumbles out of his beaten down red pick up truck, clutching the notes close to him. After today, he thinks he can actually compose part of a new piece.

After all, its not every day that a pianist meets a deaf person.

But composing will have to wait, as he's 10 minutes late for his night gig. He shuffles through the back door of the restaurant he's playing in today and hopes Seokjin doesn't notice.

He does.

"What the fuck, Yoongi? It's already 9:55."

"Sorry Jinnie, I lost track of time while composing," the pianist explains.

"You're supposed to be on stage in 5 minutes. Play some jazz or romantic today," Seokjin sighs tiredly, with no venom lacing his voice. "I'm paying you half just for the worrying you so generously let me go through."

"Alright." Yoongi knows the older man is teasing him. They're not close enough for Yoongi to consider them friends, but Seokjin's restaurant was one of his first gigs and he'd been regularly playing there ever since.

Seokjin grabs his wrist before he gets the chance to scurry away. "Can you play Monday too? I know you d -"

"I don't work Mondays," Yoongi interrupts boldly, "You know that."

"I know that. But I also know that you need the extra money."

He's right. Yoongi declines his offer anyways. "Maybe some other time."

After the store closes for the night, Yoongi takes his cash from Seokjin in his worn out hands and leaves.