19

It becomes sort of a routine for them. Three, sometimes four days a week, Yoongi drives to Coffee for the Seouland orders a mocha, picks up Jimin in his truck, and travels to whatever Yoongi's gig is that night. He never takes Jimin to day gigs due to the younger's work schedule, and Jimin certainly never occupies his Mondays.

Yoongi finds that he plays a lot better with Jimin watching from the audience. It just feels right to him. He rarely communicates with Handel, Schubert, and Mozart anymore, for he has a real friend now, but he can often visualize them in the background, cheering him on. It's been easier to compose too, and his pieces seem slightly closer to his perfectionist standards, although he still throws away ninety percent of his work. Jimin receives half of Yoongi's tips towards college, and the boy eagerly comes to his house weekly to do housework. Yoongi finds that his dishes are done, shelves are dusted, and carpets are vacuumed (he doesn't even own a vacuum cleaner), though he still tries to lessen the workload by doing chores whenever he finds the time. Sometimes, he lies to Jimin and says he earned more tips that day, so that Jimin will accept more money. Jimin does a lot, but he never touches the piano or keyboard.

He also starts to take note of Jimin's cheeky smiles and overall appreciation for the world. He finds himself laughing a lot more in the younger boy's presence, and hates to admit it, but misses him when they're not together. Jimin takes pride in everything he does and doesn't let his loss of hearing stop him. Every time Yoongi sees him, he recommits the image of Jimin's face to his memory, mentally tracing the shapes and lines that make his face so gorgeous, as if life will do what it does best and take Jimin away. Deep down, he desperately doesn't want the younger to attend college, because that would mean him leaving Yoongi, but it's his dream to go to college, and Yoongi wants to see him happy. So Yoongi keeps offering money. It drives him to work harder anyways.