14

Yoongi speaks too soon. He doesn't hear from Jimin for the next week and a half. Maybe the younger boy never wants to talk to him again after all. Yoongi himself feels too awkward - and a little terrified - to reach out first, so he waits for Jimin.

But when waiting does nothing for him, he finds himself taking action. He drags his feet, which feel like they're weighed down with lead and all the other burdens he carries, along the pavement on the way to his coffee shop in the evening. Before his brain can tell him to turn around and go home, he pushes open the glass door and is greeted once again by the all too cheery bell.

He sees Jimin smiling brilliantly behind the counter as he prepares to greet the new customer, but his mouth curls into an 'O' when he spots Yoongi.

Luckily, there's no line as of current, so Yoongi strolls right up to Jimin and is about to open his mouth when the younger speaks first. "Hi Yoongi hyung! Haven't seen you in a while..." He looks mildly surprised, but not as shocked as Yoongi had imagined or hoped for, but he shoves the disappointment out of his head for the time being.

"Hello, Jimin-ah," Yoongi replies cooly. He hopes he comes off as relaxed and playful instead off anxious and about to die. He looks to Jimin's cheeks instead of his eyes, but that's a mistake. The memories flood his mind like a broken dam. He remembers wiping the tear trails off Jimin's cheeks. Jesus Christ, they were soft as hell, still sporting some baby fat that added to his charm. He has an overwhelming urge to squish the younger boy's face and plant a kiss on his plump pink lips. Why the fuck is he thinking about that? "J-Jimin I was wondering if you'd like to see me play the p-piano sometime."

Jimin smirks, a twinkle in his eye. "Min Yoongi, are you asking me out on a date? After we've only met twice?" The amusement dancing within the highs and lows (which are still high) of his voice strangles his thoughts.

"No!" he replies too quickly. "God no." He thinks he sees a flash of disappointment across Jimin's expression, but he blinks and the smirk is plastered back onto his face again. Yoongi realizes he's still flustered and needs to get a hold of himself, so he buries his face in his black scarf. "No," he adds again for good measure, though it comes out muffled under the layers of cloth.

"Okay. I'll go on a non-date with you," Jimin chirps. Yoongi lets out a sigh of relief he didn't know he was holding in. He doesn't even want to imagine what would have happened if Jimin answered otherwise.

"Come to my house at 7 p.m. Friday."

"Totally not the time that most people go out on a date for, huh? Are you going to drive me someplace yourself?" Jimin's lip quirks up mischievously. He tries not to stare at it too much as he recites his address in a shaky voice. This boy turns him into such a mess.

"It's settled then. See you," he breathes quickly. Jimin giggles and Yoongi has never seen anything brighter. The younger man laughs with his whole body, shoulders bouncing uncontrollably and face contorted like a happy pug. Yoongi turns around sharply to hide the dumb smile stretching across his face, because Jimin's smile lights up the whole cafe and he can't help but to smile on instinct, as he takes his time strolling out of the shop, a new light bounce in his step.

It's only when he's halfway home that he realizes he never ordered a coffee and kicks himself.