11

Jeon's son, practically still a kid, timidly hands him the money he's earned after the gig and sets his mouth in a thin, straight line. Though it's not nearly as thin as the rest of his body. Jungkook - he remembers the boy's name being thrown around once or twice from a previous visit to the museum - looks like he hasn't eaten in days. Eyebags are starting to form around his round eyes and his cheeks are about as sunken as the Titanic.

"When was the last time you ate, Jungkook?"

The younger looks surprised that Yoongi knows his name, but it only shows on his face for a moment before he hides it behind an expression similar to before. "Yesterday," he says. Yoongi gives him his signature glare, sensing the lie. "Fine. I don't remember. A couple days ago, Yoongi," he admits. Yoongi is equally surprised that the boy knows his name, but shrugs it off.

"Why?"

"My dad told me I was fat." Yoongi makes a mental note to demand a raise from Jeon or threaten to stop playing at the museum.

Yoongi rips open the white envelope in front of the boy and takes out some cash. He takes Jungkook's hand and shoves the money into the boy's bony palm, skin sickly pale and cracked. "You're not fat. Get yourself something to eat." The money is more than enough for a single meal, and he hopes with all his mental energy that Jungkook uses it liberally.

"Yoongi?" the small boy hesitates.

"Hm?"

"Thanks. Really. That's nice of you." Yoongi tries to remember the last time he was 'nice', but he can't dig up any foggy memories.