12

Unable to sleep from the day's events, Jimin turns on his side on the creaky bed, letting his thoughts rule his mind. Namjoon's bed across the room of the small apartment is empty and he wonders if his hyung is studying for college midterms again. He distantly ponders what it would be like to be in a college class, but pushes the thought away in pain. Instead, he tries to think about something else.

Jimin sighs and murmurs indistinct words to himself. He can't hear what he's saying. He doesn't really know what his voice sounds like now. He hopes puberty's done something to it and it isn't squeaky and high pitched like he remembers. People used to tease him about that in high school. Jimin misses hearing sounds and voices. He wishes he could call Yoongi, but communication by phone doesn't work for him for obvious reasons. So he, against his better judgement, sends a text instead, even though he has no idea if the man wants to talk to him again after his break down in the coffee shop.

Jimin:
Hyung what does your voice sound like?

He's mildly taken aback when the older answers right away.

Pink Yoongz:
i dunno

Pink Yoongz:
i don't like the sound of my voice

Jimin:
Can you describe it for me?

Pink Yoongz:
it's deep and somewhat rough around the edges, i guess?

Pink Yoongz:
boring really

Jimin:
I'm sure it's not boring

Jimin:
Thank you hyung

Jimin, since meeting the pink haired man, has had no idea what kind of voice to attribute to his cold, hardened face. Although he knows that Yoongi is kind at heart, the older man sure never looks that way, so he had guessed that it would be gravelly and angry. Yoongi has never really been angry at him (minus the macchiato incident, though now that he thinks about it, that's half the time they've spent together). Jimin realizes that he's never seen much of any emotion displayed by Yoongi, though he came close when the man talked about piano.

He sits up on the bed and makes his way across the room to steal Namjoon's pillow. His roommate rarely drops by anymore, and the loneliness has gradually eaten away at his sanity. He lets the image of Yoongi's triangular eyes, wide with excitement as he rambled about music lull him to sleep and imagines Yoongi laying peacefully next to him instead of the pillow he's hugging.