Chapter 15

The next day Kakashi was in his office. He was minding his own business, doing some paper work and enjoying a hot cup of coffee. Shizune made great coffee. Lots of sugar and cream, just how he liked it. As the CopyCat ninja was pondering said coffee making skills, his door flew open. It was Hiashi Hyuga.

"Good morning, Hiashi. I'd offer you some coffee. But I don't think you like it as sweet as I do. What can I do for you?" He says cheerfully, as if the Hyuga Patriarch hadn't more or less kicked his door in.

"Hinata is going to marry him." He says.

"Well, that's not unexpected. They do have a son together. Would you prefer that he be viewed as a love child? Not that there is anything wrong with that. It is much more common these days. But being from such a traditional clan, I imagine it's frowned on amongst the Hyugas?" He offers.

"That's not the point!" Hiashi says.

"What is the point? They've been living together as a family for awhile already. They seem to have grown fond of each other. If they are happy, I do not see why this would upset you." He continues.

"He's a demon. I swear he's more of a demon than Naruto when the Nine Tail's overtakes him." The older man decrees.

"Sasuke has a temper that is true. But he seems to have calmed considerably thanks to Haru and Hinata's...companionship." He states tactfully.

If Hiashi knew exactly how Sasuke had proposed, he would probably level Kakashi's office. He had JUST had it redecorated. No, no he wasn't going to tell the stern man about the details of Sasuke's proposal.

"Unfortunately, she has accepted his proposal. She's clearly taken leave of her senses. I would like a relationship with my grandson. But I'm certain the demon would never allow that to happen. Haru already speaks to me so...disrespectfully." Hiashi says.

"What did Haru say to you? He's always been rather even tempered around myself and Naruto. Personally, I believe he takes after Hinata in personality, minus the shyness." He states.

"Well when I call him boy, he snaps at me that his name is Haru. As if he's an adult or challenging my authority. It is most disrespectful. It is not an insult to call him what he is." The "grandfather" answers.

"He comes from two very proud clans. Likely he does view boy as an insult. Besides, addressing him by his name is such a minor thing to do. If that's the only issue between you two, it's easily resolved." The silver haired Hokage reassures him.

"Well it seems to be for now. I know that he is close to the demon. The demon loathes me. Which means he'll turn my own grandson against me. I do not know how to counter such a thing. Sasuke is always around Haru. I know nothing of what our relationship is like in the future, so I can not exactly use that to make him feel more at ease around me." Hiashi frets.

"You two will simply have to learn to tolerate each other. Think of Hinata and Haru." He says.

"I know. But I doubt the demon will listen." Hiashi replies.

"Well for starters, it'd probably help if you didn't call him demon." The Hokage chuckles.

Meanwhile Sasuke and Naruto were doing some light training in the yard. Just hand to hand. But Hinata knew her lover and friend, even that could get out of hand and quickly. So she watches from the kitchen window.