Chapter 6

Chapter Six

"Come on, Haru. Let's get you back to the house." Sasuke says.

"Because of the people trying to steal my eyes?" He asks.

"Don't be scared. We won't let anything happen to you." Hinata promises her son.

"I know. I'm not scared. People always want our eyes. They all think they can be like Kakashi." Haru says and rolls his eyes.

"I told you that he takes after you, Master Sasuke. That is one brave hatchling. Oh and he rolls his eyes in exactly the same manner." Aoda says.

Sasuke was moderately disturbed that a five year old seemed to understand the basic idea that his eyes could be cut out and implanted in someone else. Sadly, this was a common concern for children from clans that possessed Eye Bloodlines. Most kids were scared of the boogeyman or the dark. Hyuga and Uchiha children were scared of strangers who would try to cut their eyes out.

It was a very well founded fear. Many wanted their eyes for themselves to become more powerful and some just wanted to sell them to the highest bidder. Sasuke's lips curl in disgust as he remembers the ghastly image of Danzo's arm. Yes, it was a very well founded fear.

"Yes, you are very brave." Hinata agrees with the giant serpent and leads Haru back to the house.

Haru smiles. Sasuke follows them. He knew that eventually Haru was going to go back to his own timeline. That was going to be painful. But at least he knew that he'd get his son back eventually. Well most likely. Hinata enjoyed his touch at least, even if she blushed like a tomato while doing so. It was a start.

"Hinata, I'm going to do a perimeter check while you tuck him in." Sasuke says.

"Alright." She replies and takes Haru to his room.

Sasuke walks around the perimeter of the house. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. He casts a Genjutsu over the place. Granted, he was no Itachi. But he could make this house look like the other abandoned houses and choose another to look lived in. It might stall for time if someone attacked the wrong house or at the very least it took them a second to figure out which was the right house.

"Master Sasuke, do you relaly think they would be so bold as to attack you directly in your territory?" Aoda asks.

"They might. They didn't seem too concerned about attacking the Hyuga Estate. And the Hyuga's have hundreds of clan members with very keen eyes." Sasuke replies.

"I shall keep a lookout." The Summon assures him.

"Good. I will as well." Sasuke says and summons ten clones.

He heads into the room. He saw that Hinata was sitting with Haru on the bed, reading from a book. He recognized it was a fairytale book that his mother used to read to him as a child.

"The wedding was beautiful. All of the people in the kingdom were attending the grand event. The Prince and Princess were married and they lived happily ever after." Mikoto finished reading Cinderella to Sasuke.

"Mikoto, why are you reading the boy such nonsense?" Fugaku asked utterly baffled.

"It's tradition. Every child should be read fairytales. It helps their imagination to flourish. Imagination that he will need on the battlefield one day." She added as an afterthought.