Chapter 2

"Do you think mother and father are mad?" Haru asks Kakashi.

He was used to "Grandpa Kakashi." Haru knew that his father's family was dead. But the silver haired man had been his father's Sensei. Really that was the closest thing to living paternal grandparent as he was going to get. "Grandpa Kakashi" was fun. He liked to take Haru places like festivals and things. Uncle Naruto had once said this was because Kakashi knew that Haru was a "chick magnet." Haru didn't understand uncle Naruto sometimes. What did chickens have to do with anything?

"Oh no. I don't think they are mad. You just surprised them is all. Well Sasuke might be a little miffed at me. But he'll get over it." The Hokage assures him.

"Well you did make that screwing crack. I'm kinda surprised he didn't crack your neck for that." Sakura points out.

Kakashi rubs the back of his had sheepishly. His former student did have a point. Sasuke was known for his temper.

"Haru, how are you feeling? Did the time travel cause you any pain?" Tsunade asks.

"I'm okay. A little dizzy, I guess. But nothing hurts." He answers cheerfully.

"Good." Tsunade says and breathes a sigh of relief, God only knows what Sasuke Uchiha would do if Haru had actually been hurt.

Meanwhile with Hinata and Sasuke, the older Uchiha realized that mentioning the bandits probably wasn't a good idea. Uh oh. The transformation for adorable kitten to tigress was stunning in its swiftness.

"BANDITS?!" She asks and her Byakugan activates.

"He's fine, Hinata. There's not a mark on him." Sasuke tries to reassure her.

"You said they tried to take his eyes!" She yells at him.

"They tried to. I stopped them long before that kunai got anywhere near him. He's not hurt and he was really brave. He didn't even flinch. Speaking of marks, we should probably destroy those paternity results. If anyone else finds them, they could disrupt the timeline." He states.

"Sasuke, that is NOT the point! Someone tried to cut our son's eyes out! Where are there? How many where they? What did they look like?" She asks him.

"Not sure. They took off running when they recognized me. Two. Ugly?" Sasuke answers.

"You just let them go?! If they were trying to steal his eyes, they might do it again or they might go after others!" The bluenette says in outrage.

"They were just your standard bandits. Anyone in your family could take them out. Hell, they were so pathetic, I think even an infant could gum them to death." Sasuke adds.

"You're...joking after someone tried to steal Haru's eyes?!" The Heiress sputters in outrage.

Sasuke shakes his head. Well he was torn between awe and just a little bit of fear. She was glorious in her fury. He half expected her to start spitting fire. Still, he really should calm her down.

"You are a good mother. I'm glad that you are so protective of him. But you need to calm down. You don't want him to see you when you are upset and scare him, do you?" Sasuke murmurs into her ear.

Hinata shivers. He had such a velvety voice. She was just more used to him issuing death threats with it, than...coaxing. His breathe was warm against her ear.

She blamed the fact that she knew that Sasuke was Haru's father. Otherwise, she was pretty sure her body wouldn't be responding this way to him. She'd never thought about him that way before.

"You're right. We should probably go back and destroy those test results." She says.

He nods. The two return to the hospital room where Haru was. Sasuke had always intended to restore his clan. Granted having his son show up from the future wasn't exactly what he had in mind. But he'd seen some truly strange things in his life. He'd talked to dead Hokages. Sasuke could handle strange.