Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

"Hinata, I'm back." Sasuke says as he walks into the house.

"How did it go?" She asks and scurries over to his side.

"Kakashi doesn't know anything yet. Is Haru awake?" Sasuke questions.

"No. He's still sleeping." She says with a smile.

"Takes after me then. I'm a Night Owl when given the option, I'd prefer to sleep in till Noon." He states.

Hinata giggles. She couldn't imagine Sasuke lazing around in bed until Noon. Still that was useful information to know.

"What about you? Night Owl or an Early Bird?" He asks.

"Early riser." She answers.

"Good to know. I can get up early, when I have to." He offers.

"It's alright. You don't have to." She says.

"Well since he's asleep...we should probably take advantage of that." Sasuke says and sits on the couch, beckoning her to join him.

"What do you mean?" Hinata questions as she sits down on the couch.

"We still don't know each other that well. We have a son. We can't really afford to be practically strangers." He answers her.

"You're right." She agrees.

"Maybe you should start. You're better at...socializing than I am." Sasuke says.

"Um alright. What would you like to know?" She asks.

"Anything. I guess you could tell me about your Team." The dark haired man suggests.

"Alright! Well Kurenai Sensei is very nice. She's always encouraged me. Kiba is loud. But he's very supportive too. Shino is quiet." She begins.

Saskue nods his head. That is pretty much what he figured. Still it was at least an ice breaker.

"What about your Team?" She inquires.

"Kakashi is...Kakashi. He's always late. I don't think he's ever shown up on time for anything in his entire life. He's a skilled ninja. But it is hard to take him seriously considering he was reading erotic literature with three Genin right there with him. I can't believe they made him Hokage. Naruto, you know. He's loud and loyal to the point of stupidity. Sakura..." He trails off and shrugs, it seemed he wasn't that eager to talk about his pink haired female teammate.

"You are always quiet about her. Did something happen?" Hinata inquires.

"Nothing happened. She claimed to be in love with me. She never was. Sakura was in love with the idea of who she wanted me to be. I resented her when I was younger for being weak. She's stronger now. I can't fault her skills. I know she cares about me, I'm not sure if she still thinks she's in love with me or not. But mostly, when I see her...all I feel is guilt. I put her through a lot of pain. She didn't deserve it." He answers.

"Oh. So you don't love her then?" Hinata asks.

"Hinata, if I loved her, I wouldn't have kissed you. Besides, it's a good thing that I never thought of her that way. Haru might have had pink hair in that case. Can you imagine what sort of torture he would have been subjected to as a pink haired boy?" Sasuke asks dryly.