Chapter 15: Party at the End of the World

hello

so i did say i wouldn't be writing this anymore, but then i was looking at what i had written, and i found the beginning of chapter 15, something i'd started but never finished and published. so, i somehow found motivation and time to finish it, and hence, here you have one more chapter of this written by me!

might be the last one, who knows... still lmk if you'd be interested in continuing this tho!

enjoy this chapter!!

-

The next few days pass in a weird blur of unproductivity. After Thursday's show, we all exited the bar, hyped up on pent up adrenaline and ridiculously happy, and Steve, who was the only sober one, drove us to the Ways' house. We ordered a few pizzas, drank more beer and played Guitar Hero, all the while I found myself unable to stop thinking about Gerard's lips on mine, his hands on my waist, the way he'd guided his hand to my chest. I kept stealing glances at the boy, biting my lip whenever my eyes found his being in the room. Yet if he was looking at me, he was good at hiding it, for I never caught his eyes. He drank nearly a dozen beers, his eyes getting foggier with each can and his words slurring at each sip. I noticed his smile fade slowly, until he stumbled over to a beanbag chair in the corner of the basement and passed out. Mikey draped a blanket over him, and that's when we took it as our cue to head home. We left, and I couldn't do anything for days after that Thursday because every time I approached productivity, routine, my hand flew to my lips but my fingers felt nothing like a pair of lips.

The next Tuesday, I was sick from school with a pounding headache, and staring at some stupid TV-show when the phone rang. I glanced at the caller ID, seeing Kitty's name flash on the screen. I picked up and moaned in pain at her shrill voice,

"Lindsey! You better not be fucking sick cause we're hosting MCR today!" My stomach dropped to my knees upon hearing Kitty's words and I sprung up from the couch, panic reigning within.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"Don't tell me you forgot," Kitty scoffed, "we promised to show Frank and stuff we'd show them around Brooklyn today, remember?"

Aggravated, my hand flew to my face, "No, I totally forgot, I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Don't be sorry, just get dressed 'cause we're picking you up in twenty," Kitty shot back and before I had a change to weasel my way out of it, hung up on me.

I immediately tossed the phone aside and ran to my room, rummaging my drawers for anything wearable. I was already dreading seeing Gerard. After we'd left the pub, he'd avoided my gaze and hadn't spoken to me for the rest of the night. I was afraid he'd thought he made a mistake and we'd lost everything we had, even before we had anything.

I pulled a pair of jeans and a T-shirt on, before hastily washing my face and putting on some make up. My head was still pounding, so I took an Advil and prayed the pain would subside before we saw the boys.

A few minutes later, I heard the honk of a car horn outside and grabbed my things before opening the front door quickly. Big mistake. The lawn, flooded with bright light, seemed to trigger a wave of nausea within me, and I had to bend down and close my eyes for a few seconds before I could walk to the car in which Jimmy, Steve and Kitty were waiting.

I threw open the back door and clambered in, almost forgetting to close the door behind me.

"Hey Lindsey, you look shit," Jimmy greeted me from the front. I glared at him.

"You would too if you'd spent the morning trying not to move your head because every bit of movement hurts like a motherfucker," I sneered. Jimmy raised his eyebrows, but saw it best to keep quiet. Steve grumbled a hello and Kitty handed me some lipstick.