The Holiday Ball

The Holiday Ball

A/N: Hi everyone, this is a continuation of 'The Ball'.  its a few weeks later and Sherlock wants to have a proper first date with John but something unexpected happens. Enjoy!

It had been a few weeks after the party Mycroft hosted and Sherlock hadn't seen John since. He knew exactly where he lived but was unsure if he was invited to come over. Each day Sherlock got more anxious to see John. He begged for Mycroft to host another party so he could see John again. "Really Sherlock? You need another ball to see John? Why don't you just go into town and visit him?" Sherlock turned away from Mycroft, not knowing what to say. "I-I just can't ok, it's difficult." "Alright look, the holidays are coming up soon how about we have a holiday ball?" Sherlock's eyes lit up with excitement. "That sounds wonderful Mycroft. Thank you." Sherlock wanted to deliver his invitation personally. He went down into the village and ran as fast as he could to Johns place. As soon as he arrived he fixed his hair and knocked on the door hoping to see the face he missed so much. He waited approximately 2 minutes before deciding to leave the invitation on his doorstep. Maybe John was out shopping? Sherlock thought to himself. As he turned to leave he heard the door open, and standing in front of him was the same familiar face that Sherlock missed so much. The light blonde hair, the blue eyes and the short stature of the man he had fallen so hard for. "Sherlock! How are you?" John said jumping into Sherlock's arms. "I thought you had forgotten about me!" Sherlock looked down at john smiling, "how could I forget you John?" John smiled and kissed Sherlock deeply. Sherlock blushed and deepened the kiss. John invited the taller man inside for a cup of tea wanting to catch up with the prince. "So, what do I owe the pleasure of having the prince in my home?" John said in a flirtatious tone making Sherlock blush. "Well, we are hosting another ball and I wanted to deliver my invitation personally." John smiled. "I am flattered. Do I get any special treatment since I am being personally invited?" Sherlock thought for a minute. "How about you get the first dance with me?" They smiled at each other like teenage girls. "I would like nothing better my prince." John said with a flirtatious grin and a wink sending chills down Sherlock's spine and a blush rushing over his face. Sherlock spent the rest of the afternoon in Johns place, telling him all about the stupid things Mycroft is trying to get his father to agree too. Mycroft was always the most influential when it came to government affairs with his father, although Sherlock's mother always considered Sherlock to be her favorite. John went on about his adventures in the army. The one thing John didn't want to do was become his father. John resented talking about his family in front of Sherlock. It was such a sensitive topic for him. "John, you can tell me anything you want. If you don't feel comfortable talking about your family then you are not obliged to tell me." Sherlock said taking John into his arms and giving him a hug. John always felt comfortable in Sherlock's arms. Something about the prince made him feel secure, not because he was royalty but because he never pressured him into doing anything he didn't want to do. It was nearly midnight and Sherlock thought he could get back to the castle before they sent the royal guards after him. "Will I see you more often?" John asked Sherlock. "Am I allowed to visit?" Sherlock asked. "Of course, you are you git! I would be offended if you didn't come by ore often. I was getting anxious to come up to the castle and visit you myself." Sherlock laughed and kissed John's forehead. "You are welcome to come up to the castle anytime you wish John. I will clear it with the guard's tomorrow morning." John smiled kissing Sherlock one last time before he left.

Neither John or Sherlock could wait for the Holiday ball. The castle was being decorated top to bottom with holiday decorations. Sherlock was put in charge of the decorations and he wanted everything to be perfect for John. The servants were bustling making sure everything was clean and organized. There was a Christmas tree larger than anything in the corner of the ballroom decorated with every type of ornament. The ceilings and windows bordered with tinsel, and lights making the room sparkle. All of the pillars were wrapped in ribbon to look like candy canes. Each table was given either a red, green, or ice blue tablecloths with respected decorations according to the color. Each ice blue table had goblets that were frosted with clear plates and sterling silver utensils. As a centerpiece, there was a clear vase with white and blue flowers. The red tables were given gold goblets and utensils with white china plates rimmed with gold. The centerpiece was a vase filled with poinsettias. The green tables were given sterling silver plates and goblets each decorated with a Christmas tree. The utensils were sterling silver with Christmas trees engraved on the handles. There were snowflakes hanging on the chandeliers, and on the edge of the roofs were icicles to give the feeling of a winter wonderland. Each spot was given a place card thanking them for attending the ball. Sherlock was so anxious about making the decorations perfect for the ball. He put mistletoe on the balcony where he had first met John, to make the night extra special. "Sherlock, the decorations are beautiful." A voice from behind said. Sherlock spun only to see his parents standing in awe at Sherlock's design. "Do you think it's enough mother?" Mycroft said as he walked towards his parents also admiring Sherlock's work. "Yes, dear I think it looks perfect. Very festive for the season." His mother said very proud of Sherlock. "Well you all should get ready the party starts in 2 hours." His father said motioning for everyone to go to their respective rooms to change.