chapter 3

The feel of a finger on my belly button makes me wake up from my beauty sleep.

I turn around confused and as soon as I see Xavier staring down at me with a smile on his face, the events of the previous night begin to rush in.

I can't believe I let my guard down and slept with him even now that I'm in a relationship with someone who loves me dearly.

The thought of Liam makes me sad and I immediately stand up from the bed not minding my nakedness.

This isn't the first time Xavier is seeing me naked. He was the first man I ever slept with and that was back in high school.

I grab my clothes from the floor, trying to come up with the lie I'm going to tell Liam.

"Where are you going?" he asks standing up from the bed himself.

I just stare up at him in disbelief. I can't believe he just asked me that question.

I'm supposed to be in my pyjamas, beside my boyfriend not naked beside my ex.

"It's still early, stay with me for a little while" he says pulling my dress from my hand as I try to put it on.

"Give it back".

Putting my hands out, I look at him seriously and am relieved when he puts it back in my arms.

"I didn't tell him I was staying overnight" I say not using Liam's name, remembering how angry Xavier was when I used it yesterday.

"I don't want you to go" he says pulling me into his arms.

"This shouldn't have happened Xavier, it was a mistake"

Pushing him away, I make my way to the living room, grabbing my bag from the floor and heading for the door.

"It might have been a mistake for you, but it wasn't for me. As a matter of fact, it was one of the best night of my life" I hear him say and turn around, very shocked to see him smiling.

Squinting my eyes at him, hoping he wasn't planning anything, I take slow backward steps, stopping only when I feel the door behind me.

"This is only the beginning Rose, trust me, I'm going to do everything in my power to get you back even if it kills me".

Looking at him one last time, I go out the door, his words repeating over and over again in my head.

I don't even know how or when I get home, all I know is I'm sitting in my car which is parked beside Liam's in a garage.

Pushing aside Xavier's words and Xavier himself, I decide to think only of Liam as I walk into my house, hoping he is still in bed.

"You didn't answer any of my calls" That's the first thing I hear as soon as I walk into the house.

Turning around, I see Liam on the living room chair, with his elbows on his knees and his palms under his chin.

He looks livid and I'm not surprised cos the moment my eyes meet my phone, I feel guilty.

I have thirty five missed calls and seven messages.

"I'm sorry, my phone must have been on silent". I lie because my phone wasn't on silent, it just happened to be in my bag which wasn't with me at the time he called.

He stands up from his seat and walks over to where I stand staring down at me.

"Look Liam, I'm sorry I didn't come back last night, it's just I...."

"You don't have to explain anything to me Rose, I probably would have stayed with my friend overnight if he was sick".

He says with a smile on his face and surprisingly, his smile doesn't make me comfortable. It looks fake and forced.