chapter 12

"These are for you" he says breaking the silence, stretching the flower out to me.

Without thinking, I wrap my hand into a fist and connect it with his jaw.

"I was definitely expecting that" he says, holding his hand to his hopefully broken jaw.

I go to hit him again but this time he grabs my hand, holding it to his chest and as soon as he releases me, I hit him.

"You need to calm down".

"Excuse me, did I just hear right, I need to calm down? You just fucking kidnapped me how the hell am I supposed to calm down!!?" I shout, my hands itching to hit him again and again.

"I didn't kidnap you".

"No?"

"No".

"So what do you call this?"

"I just want to talk to you, okay. As soon as I say what I want to say you can leave". He says dropping the roses on the bed.

"Are you stupid or what, why couldn't you just call like every other normal human being would do?"

"You think I haven't tried, countless times I called but it kept going to voicemail but I still called everyday just to hear your voice!!"

I look into his eyes and I notice how sad and tired they look and I have this urge to hold him but then my subconscious mind keeps telling me that this person just kidnapped me.

"Yeah, I changed my number".

I changed my number because of the constant calls and threatening messages I received from Liam in just one day and it didn't occur to me once that Xavier would try to contact me, I mean he was getting married.

"How's your wife?" I ask making sure I wasn't showing any form of emotion even though it kills me.

"I don't have a wife Rose, I didn't get married" he says and for a moment I'm confused but then what he says begin to repeat over and over again in my head and I'm honestly thinking about doing the happy dance.

"Oh"

"Yeah".

Well, this is awkward.

"Why? Did you shift the wedding date or what?"

"I was busy doing something else?"

Ouch.

I was really expecting him to say he didn't get married because he wasn't in love with her so hearing it's because he was "busy" means he still plans on getting married.

"Don't you want to know what I was busy doing?" he asks after a moment of silence.

"No Xavier, I don't care and I don't want to hear what you have to say either. Why are you here? To tell me you postponed your wedding? Did you come to invite me for your wedding cos if you did, then you're wasting your time, I just want to go home".

"Home? Your home is with me Rose".

Excuse me??

"I didn't come here to invite you for my wedding. I'm not getting married to Emma ever. I didn't get married because I was too busy looking for the woman I love" he says slowly coming closer until he's standing right in front of me.

Oh.

"Did you find her?"

"Yes and this is definitely the last time I'll be looking for her because I'm never letting go this time, ever" he says, my eyes going to door as I notice a movement from the corner of my eye.