chapter 13

Everyone's head snaps to me and I'm confused at first but then I realize I'm no longer holding the tray of wine I was sent to bring to Michael, instead it's on the floor with pieces of glass.

"Hey!! Are you okay?".
Of course it's Mason that rushes over to me first, followed by my now father.

"I'm fine"

"Are you sure?"

"I dropped a tray of wine Mace, I didn't drop my head, calm down". I say putting on a face and making eye contact with Xavier.

If looks could kill, he'd definitely be six feet under.

"Don't blame me for being worried, you're....."

"Okay!! I'll go get another glass". I say cutting Mace from announcing my pregnancy.

Without waiting for him to say anything else and making sure to avoid Xavier's eyes, I go back to the kitchen and get another three glasses, careful not to break anything else as I serve the men their wine.

"Rose, this is Xavier. Xavier Anderson, he's a friend of the family" Mike says, following Xavier as he stands.

"Do you always hire clumsy maids or is she just an exception". Xavier says with a small smirk on his face.

Bastard.

"Why don't you hand me that gun in your belt, we could make your head a target and find out how clumsy I am, what do you say".

"Rose" Mike calls warningly.

"She isn't a maid Mr Anderson, Rose is a part of our family, she's my sister". Mason says, his voice showing he isn't so pleased with me being called a maid.

"I thought you had three daughters".
This idiot, acting like I didn't explain things to him one week ago when he kidnapped me.

"This family's affairs is none of your business".

"Rose, why don't you go join the girls, they're all in Samantha's room". Mike grits. He thinks I'm insulting his visitor, he has no idea.

"Asshole".

"Rose!!"

Giving Xavier one last look, I walk away, mumbling words that I hope he hears.

The bastard just smirks the whole time, straightening himself as Mike apologizes for my behavior.

"I'm so sorry about that. I'm sure she didn't mean any of that, she's just going through a phase right now".I hear as I slowly disappear into Samantha's room.

As soon as I'm in the room, the girls are pulling me to the Queen sized bed.

"Are you crazy, or just stupid?" Emily speaks first looking a tad bit angry.

What?

"Don't look at her like she's crazy, are you trying to get us killed?"

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Do you know who the fuck that is?"

"Yeah. Xavier Anderson, a friend of the family". I say, making sure I choose my words carefully.

"He isn't just a friend of the family, he has a major role in dad's business".

"Excuse me".

"You heard right Rose, we are never disrespectful to the Andersons especially Xavier, he could ruin dad, he could ruin us".

As soon as those words left her mouth, I swear I could feel dizzy.

"But dad deals with drugs and gangs". I say light headed, hoping she wouldn't confirm my suspicion.