Preparation

The Tri-Wing burst back into the Batcave, splashing water over the landing platform. It slowly descended, finally settling on the platform. The door opened, and the three got out and walked along the platforms, going up the steps and onto the platform with the Batcomoputer. Alfred turned to them, relieved.
"We don't have much time left, Alfred." Batman said, taking off his scratched cowl and placing it on the table. "Is everything ready yet?"
"Yes, sir." Alfred replied, still with a look of relief on his face. "Your new suit, Mr Parker's new suit, the web upgrades, Master Grayson's new escrima sticks, the Batmobile's upgraded model, and the XE. All ready, sir. I presume you have a plan?"
"Sort of." Bruce said, removing the cape, then the gauntlets, then the belt, then the boots. He removed the suit itself next, reduced to black under-protection. "We'll evacuate Gotham, leaving only us, the military and whatever members of the GCPD wish to stay. We'll take the fight to them here." He walked over to the suit chamber, and pressed a few buttons. A new Batsuit revolved around to face him. This one had more protection in certain areas- the shoulders, the elbows, the chest, the thighs, the kneecaps. The cape was more practical, functioning as both a glider and protection. The gauntlets had metal padding on the knuckles, and sharper blades. The cowl was similar to the previous suit, except with slightly longer ears and more protection around the head. The suit design was completely redesigned. Black lines ran from just above the gauntlets and all the way down the chest and to just above the boots. The Bat symbol was larger and stretched to the borders of the black lines on the chest. He put the suit on, breathing in and stretching his arms out in it. He took the cowl and walked back to the Batcomputer with it, putting it next to it.
"And these upgrades will change the fight?" Alfred questioned.
"These, and the new members we're after." The Batcomputer beeped. "Speaking of which..." He pressed a few keys, and Spawn's voice came through.
"We've got Rorschach's guy- Frank Castle, the Punisher." He said. From behind Batman, Spider-Man groaned. "He looks tough. Got a lot of guns."
"Hmm." Batman said, rubbing his head. "He'll do. Any idea when you'll be ready to take the three of you back?"
"In a couple of hours, I'd imagine. You still going after some more people?"
"There are three potential people I'm after." Batman responded. "Contact me when you're ready to come back."
Spawn's voice cut off, and Batman stood up. Nightwing folded his arms.
"Three potential people?" He asked. "You said two before. Who's the third?"
"I've reconsidered your idea." Bruce explained. "I think... Barbara could be helpful. I'm not comfortable with it, but..."
"We need everyone we can get." Spider-Man finished off. "I've met Oracle once, but she seemed tough enough."
"Right." Nightwing turned to Bruce. "What now?"
"You both get your upgrades from the armoury. Then I'll go after two of them. Luckily, they're both in Gotham right now."
"Don't tell me one of them is Him..." Dick shook his head. Bruce looked away.
"We need everyone we can get, Dick. Keep him on a tight leash, he could be very helpful."
"And what kind of leash have you got?"
"One that'll hold him for the length we need it to." Bruce replied. "Now get your equipment. Once you're ready, take the car and get to the Clocktower and get Barbara, and bring her back here. Lucius made a female variant of the Mark IV a couple of years back, should fit her well."
"And then?"
"Spawn, Rorschach and their friend should be back by then. That's when we tell the Corps we're ready for round 2."
Batman slid the new cowl on, and walked towards the Batwing on the second Landing platform. He got into the cockpit, and soared out through the waterfall.
"So, the armoury?" Spider-Man turned to Nightwing.
"This way." Grayson motioned for him to follow. "I'll be honest, I'm kinda jealous." They walked towards a vault door, and Nightwing pressed a button on the side. It opened, revealing a small room. Inside the room were walls lined with gadgets and equipment- Batarangs, grapple guns, gas grenades, and pieces of Batsuit armour damaged beyond any use. In a compartment on the wall were a pair of upgraded escrima sticks.
However, in the centre of the room was a transparent suit chamber. In it was the new Spider-Man suit. The suit was a darker shade of red than the one Parker was wearing. The web pattern was golden, and the black symbol was a lot larger than the standard design, its legs stretching all the way around to the red back symbol. The symbols were outlined with a glowing green. The mask was also different, with wider eyepieces which were tinted gold. Parker quickly put it on whilst Nightwing took the escrima sticks.
Peter stretched and cracked his knuckles. "So." He said. "What does it do?"
"The material is a similar material as the one Master Bruce... liberated for your Extreme Environments suit. Not as armoured, but it can take some hits. The lenses have a zooming function, as well." At this, Spidey tilted his head in confusion. His eyepieces then suddenly squinted inwards.
"Woah..." He breathed. He widened them again. "That is... woah."
"Yes, I believe it is. Now, the Car is ready for you two to take Miss Gordon from the Clocktower." Nightwing came walking back holding a suitcase.
"It's all in here." Grayson said. "Hopefully she's up for this."
"What choice do we have left?"