Camp Shaloosa

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 8:58 PM Wayra wrote:

Camp Shaloosa

      As darkness crept toward me at Camp Shaloosa, I huddled closer to the fire, listening to the sounds of the waking forest. I started hearing strange and creepy sounds, like howling, hooting, screeching, and slithering of strange and creepy sounds. But... What was that sound? It sounded raspy... Kind of croaky, whispering even? I shivered. Was I cold? I was next to a fire! There it was again. The sound. This time I heard it clearer. I strained my ears to listen. It was... No! That was impossible... Right? It couldn't be... Calling my name?

I felt a sudden cold wind on my skin again. I shivered nervously. What was going on?! I kept hearing my name louder, and louder. Was it getting closer? Oh no... Now I was scared!

I felt the cold wind again. This time though, it felt ice cold. My teeth started chattering, my heart started pounding faster as I felt the cold and heard that whispering crackly voice.

Suddenly it was stronger than ever. I was shivering like a hairless Chihuahua in the winter next to strangers! Then... I couldn't move. I was completely paralyzed from my toes to my head! I couldn't do anything but sit and wait for what was coming next.

The sound stopped calling my name, nothing but cold all around me.

Was... Was it gone? No... It... I swallowed at the thought. It was... Creeping up behind me... wasn't it? I was terrified. I wanted to run! And all I could do was sit paralyzed with my hands "glued" to my side.

Suddenly, felt a gust of warmth on my neck, and horrible foul breath. It said my name again. WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING ON?!

Was it a vampire, was it going to bite me? I shut my eyes violently as I felt a piercing pain in my neck. I struggled to get free, but couldn't. I was paralyzed! I heard my name again and swirled into darkness loosing my senses as I was dropped to the ground. Then I felt an earthquake, a big one.

As I regained my senses, I sat up in bed, sweating badly and breathing heavily. When I realized I was in bed at home, I let out a reveled sigh. It was all just a nightmare!

"Hey are you alright?" I heard a voice say, the concern showing in their voice.

I had spent the night with my best friend, and apparently he had been trying to wake me the whole time.

"Umm, yeah. Just a nightmare!" I answered.

He sighed, relieved.

"Get ready, were going camping!" He shrieks excitedly.

"Really, where?" I asked.

"Camp Shaloosa, they say it's haunted!" He says this, making a scary face. "MAN were gonna have SO much fun there!"

My face paled.

'Wait. WHAT?!' I think panicked.

"No. No. No. NO. NO. NO. NOOOOOO!" I wailed, realizing I had just woken up from another one of my prophetic dreams.

THE END
FOR NOW... 😈