Nadia

I cried. I balled my eyes out, and cried some more. He was gone, and there was no way I could bring him back. I held his limp body tightly as the last of my tears fell.

Laying my head onto his chest, my breath hitched as I felt a pulse. It was very faint, but he was there. Without him, there was no point. The only one who could possibly hope to end the stupid war. I made up my mind.

"I'm sorry." I whispered softly into his ear.

He would've never agreed to this willingly, but I didn't care. I took my knife and taking a deep breath, sliced the side of my neck enough to draw blood, then lowered myself onto him, making sure my blood dripped into his mouth.

At first, nothing happened. Seconds passed as I feared it wouldn't work. Then he swallowed.

'Yes,' I thought. 'Keep going!'

I tried to make it as easy as possible for him to drink my blood. He stirred, then softly clutched me as he drank. I could feel myself ebbing away, but I didn't care. I let him keep going. My vision started to blur, and my hearing  got fuzzy. Still, I didn't pull away.

'Heh,' I thought. 'He's gonna be furious with me when he wakes up.'

I was now extremely lightheaded and dizzy. I smiled and close my eyes.

'He's gonna be alright.' I thought as one last tear streamed down my cheek.

* * *

He groaned as he stirred. He felt heavy. Someone was laying on him. He opened his eyes and squinting as the bright light flooded in. As his eyes regained  focus his gaze fell on her. Was she sleeping? Memories of what had happened came flooding back to him. She was Nadia, a commoner from the enemy kingdom he had met and become friends with.

That was when he noticed the blood. Her neck had a slash, as if it had been cut with a knife, but also two fang marks. His breath hitched as he realized. They were his. H-How? Why? He touched his forehead to hers so he could see her memories. After a few minutes, he was speechless.

She had saved him. But how did she know that blood would save him? That... That he was a vampire? Why would she go such lengths as to risk her life for him? Someone she had just met, and from the enemy kingdom? He gazed at her sadly.

'I drank too much.' He thought. 'She should've pushed me away.'

She wasn't gone yet, but there was nothing he could do for her. He sighed and laid back down next to her, holding her in his arms. The least he could do was stay with her until she was gone.

'This wretched war.' He thought. 'I must end it.'

He gazed at her face. She was smiling.

"Rest now, Nadia." He whispered to her. "I'll take it from here."