Luna

All I see is white, white, and only white. It feels as if a huge weight has been lifted off my chest, I feel so free! It feels natural.

"How are you doing?" I hear a voice ask.

I see a misty figure in a cloak.

"Good question, I don't remember... Who are you?" I ask, as if this is totally normal.

"My name is Luna, you named me. Over the phone, so sure of the name you picked, even before we met." The figure said, in a soft silky voice.

"I did?" I ask, trying to remember.

"Yes, you don't remember? We were together for a long time, we loved each other deeply. You fed me, we went on walks, we cuddled together, it kept going like that even after I had three sons." The misty figure says this with a hint of nostalgia in their voice.

"Wow, that sounds nice. Why don't I remember any of this?" I ask puzzled.

"It has to do with the fact that something overtook you, you were so brave... You had so much to do during the fight, th... the poison..." At this, the misty figure stops talking.

"You don't have to continue if you don't want to..." I say.

"It's ok, the poison affected you so much, that you couldn't take it. You screamed... You were amazing, even after being in so much pain, you never gave up. You are loved and admired by many, I'm sure many are sad..." The misty figure says.

"I see, I understand... I'm sorry, it must have been hard for you, watching me go..." I say, fading off slightly.

I start to feel light headed, and dizzy. I just want to yawn, close my eyes and—ZZZzzz...

"No, you mustn't leave yet, there's still time, please!" The figure screams, pulling me back, just before I slip away.

"Wh-Whaaa... wazzzahappen?" I say groggily.

"Just, please, don't go, yet... You might be able to be saved." The figure says softly.

"It sounds like I've already gone though..." I say apologetically.

The figure slowly drops their hood, revealing their face. A young girl, seeming way too young to have three sons. But... She is obviously a lot older than she seems.

"Please, try. Right now, I am reflecting what everyone is feeling." She says.

She walks up to me, and touches my forehead, where my third eye would be. I feel a small shock, and pain ricochets throughout my whole body.

"Ouch! What?-" I start.

But she shocks me again, harder this time. I fall backward, through the white bottomless void of nothingness. I start to feel a strange nagging at the back of my head. She comes after me, falling, gaining on me quickly. Something is bubbling at the back of my thought, what is it? She finally reaches me, wearing a look on her face I do not recognize. She draws back her hand, and sends the strongest shock ever throughout my body. The bubbling gets stronger, as I shut my eyes, receiving the incredibly strong painful shock. I scream, letting loose the bubbling. The white endless void starts to dissipate before my eyes.

I feel a warm sensation on my lips, warming them, giving me life! It feels nice...

I jolt awake suddenly, sucking in a sudden breath of air, as if I had been suffocating, and screaming out of pain. My insides are killing me, it must be the poison! Then I notice I am in the company of a young man, about my age, his eyes are wet.

"Are you okay, have you been crying?" I ask, sensitively.

He looks at me with a look that says: Are you really asking that? And says:

"Am I okay? YOU'RE the one that almost DIED! I'm so glad that your okay!"

He pulls me in for a tight hug.

"I guess kisses sometimes do wake the maiden."

"What do you mean?" I ask, hugging him back.

"I was worried about you, I thought you were going to die! So I... I kissed you." He says, pulling back from the hug, apologetically. "I hope that's okay..."

"Oh..." I say, trailing off. "That's fine."

Suddenly, my memories start coming back to me. I was in the middle of a battle, with my trusty sword, having a hell of a rough time because of the poison, when...

"AH!" I exclaim in pain, clutching my side.

There is blood. I was stabbed from behind, I remember now. I also remember my feelings, this guy in front of me... I had always loved him.

"No..." He says, worried as heck. "Hold on, let me get something for that."

He stood up, but I grab his hand, swing him around, and kiss him. For a while, we stay like that. He seems surprised at first, then relaxes a little. When we pull away he smirks.

"You know, you are one tough girl. You survived the battle longer than anyone, and even cheated death." He says, smiling.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that I cheated death exactly, I just had some help coming back..." I say, remembering Luna. "Though she had one heck of a painful and scary method."

"What?"

"Oh, never mind." I say laughing.

That's when I notice the mist all around us, and a question pops up in my head. Am I hallucinating? I DID just die and come back to life... Or... Did he die to find me?