Runaway - Chapter Two

Lily's POV

It's been two years since my father passed, with me being stuck in this basement and treated badly. Alpha Blake has destroyed my pack, one of my old friends came in here to give me so-called food, she looked so lifeless and drained, her wolf recognizing that this man is not their Alpha. Alpha Blake has me clean for everyone, doing their laundry, picking up their plates and washing them. I am now 7 years old, but I don't talk anymore, I learned fast that it's better not to say anything rather than keep talking and get in more trouble.

I was woken out of me sleep to loud banging on the door. "Get up, mutt!" Alpha Blake yells at me through the door. I get up from the ground, situating my clothes, I sleep on the floor, but I'm used to it by now. I head up the stairs and go to the kitchen then I hear yelling. "Watch where you're going!!" The voice echoed through the hall.

I see Alpha Blake yelling at an omega named Ann, an old friend. "S-Sorry, Alpha." She said, bowing her head and then he raises his hand behind him, I barely have the time it took to blink before he slapped her and walked away. I could feel the anger coursing through my veins. How can he do that to her?! He was the beta of this pack; you don't get there without having at least one bone of kindness in your body.  I then did something I didn't know I could, I shifted, the anger I felt triggering my wolf to come out early. I could feel my bones repositioning themselves into that of a wolf and bit my tongue to not draw attention to myself. I noticed everyone was too caught up in checking on Ann to notice me. I knew I had to do it then, I have to leave. I slowly crept to the door, and did the thing I'm good at, run.

I felt a pang in my heart as I ran. My inner alpha wolf telling me to take care of my pack, but I can't do that yet, not now. I don't know where I am going just that it is away from here. I am running as fast as I can, as fast as my four paws can carry me. I can hear growls behind me, I don't want to look back, but I can't stop myself. I look back and see 4 rouges chasing me, frothing at the mouth, chucks of fur missing, ribs showing. I run faster than I ever have.

I was faster than the rouges probably because my wolf is smaller. I am getting so far away from them until I hit something hard, at first, I thought I ran into a tree, but trees don't move or have fur. I opened my eyes and see a huge wolf in front of me. He has to be an Alpha just based on his sheer size; you can see the muscles rippling under his fur coat. He looks down at me with what appears to be confusion, probably wondering what a wolf pup is doing on his land.

He must have caught wind of the rouges because he suddenly jumps over me, his large body hovering over mine and lets out the most blood-thirsty growl I have ever heard at the rouges, and they turn around and run away scared, knowing not to mess with this alpha who looks as though he can eat them for a snack. I spot a few other healthier looking wolves. They must be part of his pack.

 The Alpha gets off of me, glancing at me before running to a tree and emerges back in his human form wearing his shorts. He looks down at me and starts putting his arms down towards me. I start whimpering and flinch back, a response that seems to be conditioned into me now. He looks angry at my response or maybe he's just mad that I brought rouges onto his land. His look softens when he sees the trembles that are coming from my small body, and he reaches down again to pick me up. Once I am in his arms, I realize how cozy and warm he is, so I snuggle closer until my nose is in the crook of his neck and I hear him chuckle as he pulls me closer.

I feel so safe when I'm in his arms, just like I did with my father, though that would make since. Alphas are supposed to emit warmth and love, the intimidation and fear factor is reserved for an Alphas enemies. He keeps walking to a huge house with a huge man standing in front of it. He looks angry and suddenly I don't feel safe anymore.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hi again guys, thank you for reading this and sticking with me to read the second chapter. Again I am a beginner at this so I'm sorry for any errors. P.S the wolf above is Lily's. -XOXO Morgan.