열일곱

Parents, I never knew mine. I was taken in by an elderly couple who passed away when I was 18. The last thing I thought I would be seeing the next morning was Jin's mother. I had thought I heard the front door open, but the way Jin clung to me I fell asleep again. The screech was what caused me to jolt up and awaken, Jin also shot up and almost choked on his words.

"M-mom... What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk now, ALONE." She turned on her heel into the kitchen, Jin apologized and shut the door behind him.

The sound of pots and pans banging gave me anxiety, I lept off the bed and put my ear on the door. The sound stopped and I could hear Jin apologizing to his mother, I wanted to be sick.

"Who is SHE?"

"Her name is Himi, she is a person you know."

"Did you just talk back, has she tainted you?"

"She actually loves me, unlike you. Ever since my dad married you all you've done is take our money."

"Do you even know what love is?" I heard a slap. 

"It's pathetic and material, like you." A second slap was heard, and footsteps away from the door.

"Seems you choose your slut over family, classy." A big slam and an angry Jin came into the bedroom, his face red on one side.

"Be my girlfriend." He said.

"W-what?"

"Be my girlfriend Jung Himi."