Part 9

My vision fades in and out as I lay held in strong arms, my body almost bumping along to the sound of the music around me. Soon it begins to fade, fresh air invading my lungs, giving me the energy to open my eyes and adjust to my surroundings.

The first thing I notice is the golden brown eyes peering down at me, his lip split and his noes bleeding. If I didn't have such an excruciating headache, and an eye thumping with pain, I would probably notice how gorgeous the man is.

"Thea? Is that your name?" His British accent speaks weakly, reminding me of Mr Styles for a moment, but the pain soon overriding the thought.

"Yeah." I manage to mumble, reaching my hand up and placing it on my eye, groaning in pain instantly.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. My step-brother, he's an absolute fuck wit when he is drunk. Well, he is a fuck wit sober too- Im going to take you to a hospital, you may have a concussion or something." As he speaks the words, I watch as his split lip drops a speck of blood onto the white top I'm wearing. Great.

"Did you hit me?" I ask.

"Oh, no. That was Tom. But it's just as much my fault as his. I shouldn't of fucking let that loser stay home by himself, and I should never of hit him." I can tell that he doesn't regret hitting him at all.

"He deserved it." I reply sheepishly.

"Yeah, he did." I hear him grunt.

...

After vomiting up most of my stomach in the bathroom before hand, I finally swing my legs over the hospital bed, and wait for the doctor to return. Zayn stands beside me, small concern visible.

"I'll pay for any medical bills." He says, pulling his wallet from his back pocket and tapping the material with his finger.

For the first time tonight I really take in what he is wearing; a black tank top, revealing his sleeve of tattoos, and his black skinny jeans and thick black boots. He reminds me so much of Mr Styles, but at the same time, he is the complete opposite.

Zayn looks dangerous, rebellious even. Getting in a punch up with someone else is something my teacher would most likely never would do, neither would he wear clothes or tops that reveal all the tattoos he has. He's more professional than that. Zayn's interesting, and I guess you could say he is refreshing to be around.

"Thea? Are you ok?" He suddenly interrupts my moment of thought, and when I look up I realise the doctor has returned.

"There's no sign off concussion, everything looks fine. You may feel a bit light headed for a while, dizzy almost, just be sure to lie down as soon as possible. Although, I would like to talk to you both about that bruise on your face. Does the police need to be called?" Doctor Harnich asks with concern, and I almost fall into a fit of laughter.

I guess I haven't sobered up as much at all.

"No no." I finally say. "Just a misunderstanding, I'm fine, really." I smile and he seems to be content with my answer, letting us leave without further questioning.

When we are outside the building, Zayn stops, and reaches for his phone of which is vibrating like crazy.

"Hello?" He says, annoyance clear in his tone. "What? Fuck. I can't-" He looks at me and then looks away. "I am busy." I can faintly hear the murmur or someone else on the other end before Zayn continues. "I'll be there right away. No, just please give me a few minutes." He groans, and locks his iPhone screen.

"I'm really sorry but I have to go. The party is out or control and the the police are on their way, they will want talk to an adult. Apparently I'm the only one around." He takes a moment to think, before continuing on. "Look I'm guessing you go to Josey High boarding school?"