Part 10

I wake up earlier than expected, instantly reaching for a phone that isn't there. I sigh and retract my hand at the realisation that it's probably gone for good. I'm not surprised that I lost it last night.

Fuck.

Light snores can be heard from a sleeping Lydia beside me, her blonde hair messy and tangled, hiding her face and hiding the place the snores are originating from. I'm too tired to even be amused by it, too sore to keep my head raised. I do get out from my blankets though, lighting padding over to her mess of a bed and creeping in beside her, wrapping my own body around her petite figure and falling back asleep.

When I awake hours later, she faces me and wipes away tears that have fallen subconsciously from my eyes while I slept, her eyes furrowed in concern.

"What happened to you last night? Your face.." She says baffled, as I blink the last droplets away.

"It's a long story. I'm fine, don't worry." I reply, forcing a smile for her benefit.

"Why are you crying Thea?" She whispers, her hand soothing my arm softly.

"I don't know." Is all I can reply, and for once i'm content with the answer I'm given. She nods, pushing her hair away from her eyes and replies "When you're ready, I'll be here."

I want to tell her about everything, about what happened to me back home, about what happened last night and more importantly, about my misguided feelings for Mr Styles. But I can't. I haven't been able to trust anyone in a long time, but for now, for some stupid reason Mr Styles has pryed my deepest secrets from the depth of my mind and taken my trust unwillingly. I don't want to trust him the way that I do, but I can't help it. He's bewitched me and stolen my common sense and my basic morals. He's given me some sort of hope that he cares but in truth I know I'm more invested into the 'relationship' than he is. Last night has left me confused, embarrassed and regretful. He left the company of a woman to drive me home, and I'm finding it hard to ignore the lingering jealousy swelling in the pit of my stomach. I saw the marks on his skin and his shirt buttoned up wrong. So why is it so hard to accept the professional feelings he has towards me and leave the inappropriate feelings I have for him behind?

Again I reach for my phone as an instinct to check the time, but when I remeber its gone, I pick up lydia's instead. It's 2, and detention starts at 4, which gives me plenty of time to go find Niall and explain my disappearnce from the party last night.

I ask Lydia if she knows where he is, but all I receive back is a surprised yet guilty shake of her head. I sigh, getting dressed into jeans and a sweater and leaving her to go back to sleep.

I look for him in the library before moving off into the guy living area of the school. Fortunately on the weekends girls and boys are allowed to be in each other's dormitories if the door is open and it's before six o'clock. After that time the usual rule applies and if found in a guys room or vice versa you risk detention or possibly worse depending on the situation.

Remembering his room number from the party his roommates had held only the other week, I easily make it to his door only to stand knocking for much longer than I should of.

"Hello?" I call, ready to walk away but before I have the chance to, a sleepy Louis swings the door opened, his hair messy and tangled as if he only just got up.

"What are you doing here- shit your face! What happened?" He asks sounding surprised as I instinctually admire his shirtless torso and long pyjama pants.

"Uh, long story, is Niall there?" I answer, focusing back on his blue eyes. He's very pretty.

"No, he didn't come back last night? I was assuming he stayed because you did or something? I offered him a lift but he declined." He admits guiltily, but smirks deviously my way.