The Antenna

Dustin Henderson closed his eyes at the food that was in his mouth as he was in the AV Club room, eating a Twinkie

Dustin Henderson closed his eyes at the food that was in his mouth as he was in the AV Club room, eating a Twinkie. He was proud and happy because he sat on one of the comfiest chairs in his life. It was a purple chair that could make you spin around in circles, but it also was the comfiest chair in the entire room. Whenever they had AV Club, which was almost every other day, they would immediately race on who would get it. Usually it was Mike or Lucas who would take the chair by being the fastest ones out of all of them, but sometimes Dustin and Will would get their chance in getting the chair. Today though, Dustin got the chair because Lucas was furious.

Lucas was Dustin's most passionate and stubborn out of the four kids in the AV Club. He cared about his friends more than anyone after the divorce of his parents. He lives with his father while his mother and sister left Derry to live in Hawkins. His parents had divorce a year ago around the same time Georgie died because they had different ideas on how they should let their kids live.

"Why the hell would Mike even go for them?" Lucas replied in an annoyed tone, fidgeting with the radio to try and make it work after Mike had broken the antenna after their argument. Lucas' eyes were filled with irritation and impatience as his fingers gently touched the equipment. He wanted to help, but Dustin knew that if he helped Lucas, it would make him more pissed than he already was.

Dustin shrugged, almost like if Lucas could see his shoulders rise. "I'm not sure," He replied quietly, the Twinkie still in his mouth as he spoke.

Lucas looked up at Dustin with disgust as he spoke with food in his mouth. "You're disgusting,"

Dustin smiled, his toothless front teeth showing as the Twinkie was still in his mouth. "Thanks Lucas," He loved teasing Lucas because it was a thing the two did. They would always tease each-other for the stupidest things, like girls. The two had fought over the new girl named Max just a few weeks ago, racing to see who would get her, but both of them were rejected.

Lucas rolled his eyes and continued to work on the radio, hurting himself as he exclaimed. "You fucking piece of shit!" He shook his hands as Dustin swallowed the rest of his food, standing up from his comfy chair.

"Are you okay?" Dustin asked, his eyes shown in worry.

"Yes, yes I'm okay," Lucas muttered in annoyance. "This antenna is just being annoying," He rubbed his hands together in a repetitive motion.

"Did you finish it?"

"Does it look like I did?" He snapped, his eyes glaring at Dustin until he began doing the antenna until he got to the right sequence. Dustin could see that Lucas was mad, but he could see the sadness in his actions. Today was one of the worst days in their lives.

Will was missing again, after what happened last year when Will disappeared, they never wanted that to happen again.

"Yes," Dustin said, standing next to Lucas as he turned the dial, knowing that this was the channel where their super-coms were. "Should we contact Mike and see how things are going?"