The Fellowship

Bev could not stop smiling when she ended the call, her eyes lighten up with passion that Max had seen from the girl many times

Bev could not stop smiling when she ended the call, her eyes lighten up with passion that Max had seen from the girl many times. It had been five minutes since Bev had called and now they were finally done. Bev placed the telephone in its place before looking back at Max.

"So, what happened?" Max asked with curiosity, leaning on the arch frame of the hallway. A frown was placed on her face even though she wasn't even mad at all.

Bev giggled, her smile growing wider. "We're going to the Wheelers," She began quickly. "Will Byers told me that all of their friends are there talking about the monster and he asked if I could join," She trailed off with a giggle. "I said yes, of course and then I asked him if I could bring a friend over with me. He said I could, so we're going to his house in two minutes,"

"Two minutes? Are you insane?" Max retorted in annoyance. "You're bringing me off to a stranger's house to talk about this clown,"

"But there is something more than that, Max," Bev replied with sincerity, her eyes shimmering in the golden light. "It's killing these children. Will told me that, but if you don't want to go, it's okay," Bev nodded to herself, her curly hair bouncing while she spoke.

Max stared at Bev for a few minutes, her brows furrowed in frustration before she sighed. "Okay, I'll go," She muttered, knowing that this was going to be the only way to keep herself from not being a loner. When she was in California, she didn't really have any friends because most of them judged her, but now that she was in Maine. Sure, the bullying was just as worse as it was in California, but at least in Derry, she had a friend who was going through the same stuff she was.

Bev then hugged Max, her arms wrapping around her back as she held onto Max tightly. "You know I love you right?" Bev asked with a smile.

Max rolled her eyes, hugging Bev as well. "You do?" Max joked with a soft chuckle.

Bev laughed and broke the hug. "Wow thanks, Max," She replied.

"You're welcome," Max beamed, walking towards the front door. Bev followed her, rolling her eyes at her friend while they began to leave the small house. Max grabbed her house keys before unlocking and opening the door, feeling the slightly warm air that escaped into the house.

The two left, going towards the garage. It was a fairly nice garage though it was painted while and had some mud stains probably from the summer that they had a month ago. Bev quickly ran towards her bike that had leaned hiding by the edge of the garage wall, grabbing it by the handles while Max grabbed her skateboard.

Bev quickly got on her dark, small bike, smiling at Max, who was already skateboarding to the streets. "Hey! Wait up, Mad Max!" She called out with a giggle. She quickly placed her feet on the pedals, gently gliding from the garage entrance towards the street.

Max sighed and stopped her skateboard with her right leg as she waited for Bev. Max turned around, waiting for her friend while they were both impatient on getting there. Bev stopped once she got to Max, smiling right at her. "I know where to go," Bev replied. "Mike Wheeler's house is right near where Will disappeared,"