The Grave

"Guh-Good morning, Richie," Bill Denbrough said in a soft voice, sitting on his bike

"Guh-Good morning, Richie," Bill Denbrough said in a soft voice, sitting on his bike. Bill stood on the sidewalk next to his beloved friend, Eddie Kaspbrack, who some people called 'Asthma Eddie'. Eddie was a thirteen year old with short, brown hair. He was fairly small for his age, but his fierce personality reminded Bill of the girl from A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Eddie stood next to Bill in his small bike as he stared at Richie while Richie walked down the steps in a sigh. The red house of the Tozier's behind him. Richie sighed with a smile on his face. " 'Morning Big Bill," He said imitating his Southern Farmer voice. He placed his hand on Eddie's head and ruffled his brown hair. "'Morning Eds," He chuckled.

"Richie, stop calling me Eds," Eddie muttered, swatting his hand away from his head and tried to get his hair straight. Richie chuckled as he went to his bike which laid on the ground of his front lawn.

"No can do," Richie said softly as he got on his bike, pulling up his glasses before he biked towards the boys. Richie seemed like he was hiding something.

The three boys began to bike and leave Richie's house, the air hitting their skin as the weather was slightly cloudy. The sun emerged from the east, warming Bill and the others to continue biking.

"Hey, did you guys hear that Will Byers is missing?" Eddie asked, his eyes looking at the others while his cheeks were pink by the cold wind hitting his face.

"Ye-Yeah," Bill stuttered. "Muh-My parents told m-me about it this mor-morning, saying the-they got a cuh-call from the She-Sheriff,"

"Me too," Richie replied. "Must've scared the shit out of his family to find him missing again. I bet I would leave Derry, if I could,"

"Beep beep, Richie," Eddie muttered with a sigh.

Bill began to think about the last time he had talked to Will, which was the first time. Bill remembered the memory so clearly that it felt like it was yesterday.

》》》

Bill had never seemed to be friends with Will Byers, but he remembered when Will went to Georgie's funeral, while the whole "George Denbrough is in heaven now" and all that shit that Bill ignored. He was the only one in his family who went to the funeral because his parents were grieving too much to even come. He remembered that his friends, Richie, Eddie, and Stan were there, all in their finest clothing and looking at Bill carefully. Stan Uris was about the same height as Bill with his curly hair and clothing that always made him look good. People called him Urine by his last name, and bullied him for being Jewish.

He saw Will Byers looking across from him along with the other three boys that Bill did not know much of except Mike Wheeler, of course. Mike was Richie's cousin and he knew that all too well. He could see one of the boys, the pudgy one, talking to Mike and Will. Mike's expression filled with disgust before saying something back to the boy. Will's face showed sadness as he looked back at Bill, seeing that Bill's eyes were straight at him. Will quickly looked down once they had made contact while his friends talked. Bill couldn't make it out the conversation because after a few seconds, Mike's mother told the boys to shut up.