// three //

"If anyone asks where I am, I've left the country." - Mike Wheeler

I stood in front of the mirror, glaring at my reflection in exasperation

I stood in front of the mirror, glaring at my reflection in exasperation. I knew it was a fucking terrible idea, but here I was, standing ready to walk right into hell in my halloween costume. I had finally decided to go to the stupid party for all the wrong reasons.

I was beyond pissed at my former best friend, not to mention my idiot of an ex-boyfriend.

So my very thoroughly thought out plan is to turn up at the party looking good enough to eat, drink until I'm absolutely fucking wasted, preferably hook up with one of the basketball players in front of Steve and if the mood arose I was considering slapping Nancy in her pretty little face and later blaming it on the alcohol.

It felt like a pretty solid plan to me.

So, before I could overthink for any longer I slipped on my black combat boots, checked my makeup one last time and then I was out the door. I completely ignored my mother and Jim as I passed them, they were curled up on the living room couch looking like a semi-normal couple for once in their lives.

The night air brushes my exposed skin outside and is cooler than I expected it to be. I shiver and wrap my arms around myself as I run to my awaiting car. But by the time I reach it, I decide that it's too late for me to turn back and grab a jacket. Besides, it would completely ruin the whole effect of my well thought out outfit. 

Although I had very little time to prepare, I was quite happy with my costume. I had settled on a black corset with a long sheer skirt and two slits that scantily covered my legs. I'd completed the look with some hot accessories to match and a ridiculous amount of make up that I would surely regret using when I attempted to take it off later. I'd also added a big black hat so that I could just barely pass as a 'witch'.

The radio plays quietly in the background as I'm driving. My mind can't help but wander to Billy Hargrove of all people, and I secretly wish that he'll turn up tonight. I'm not entirely sure why considering I barely know the guy, but something about him manages to push all of my buttons while rendering me completely breathless at the same time.

Earlier today when we had been smoking outside together, I couldn't help but feel this strange attraction to him. I knew that he was probably a complete asshole but I wasn't a clueless idiot either, I'd heard what people were whispering about him in the halls.

All I knew was that the few times that I'd had the pleasure of being in his company, my heart began to race and I could barely control my thoughts. He was intoxicating in the most wonderful way imaginable.

Something about his rugged good looks and cold and reserved persona appealed to me, what can I say? He was different than most of the guys around Hawkins and I was intrigued. Better yet, I knew that I was definitely not his type.. and you know what they say about wanting what you can't have..