Chapter 8

Soon we called Pidge and Hunk into the room. I didn't want to have to tell them that I was going to die, but I needed to. Lance was sitting on the edge of my bed. Coran and Allura were in the doorway. 

"What's going on?" Pidge asked. 

I looked at Lance and nodded, "Keith isn't going to make it. Coran said he's sick with the Galra version of cancer," he said.

"So you're telling us...that Keith is going to die?" Hunk asked. 

I nodded, "Coran said that I have about two days left. I'm sorry guys," I said. 

Pidge ran over and hugged me, "I don't want to say goodbye! You can't leave us! Not after everything we've been through!" she said loudly.

-Allura-

I couldn't bring myself to watch them anymore. I walked into the command room and saw the Black lion coming back. I tried connecting with it and someone answered. I pulled up the camera and Shiro was sitting there. He had long hair, needed to shave, and he looked rather skinny. I smiled. 

"Shiro!" I said. 

He smiled, "Hey Allura. Where is everyone?" he asked. 

I felt the smile on my face fade, "You should land and get washed up," I said and he nodded.

He landed and I let him shower and shave. He just tied up his hair and I led him to Keith's room. Everyone had left it and I heard Keith yell out in pain. Lance was trying to calm him down. I knocked and the door opened a minute later. Keith was in Galra form. 

"Shiro...you're back," Lance said. 

-Shiro-

I nodded, "Yeah...what's happened?" he asked. 

Lanc sighed, "Keith's Galra genes awoken, a lot happened, and now he's sick," he said. 

Allura put her hand on my shoulder, "Keith has something like human cancer, only Galra get it. He only has two days left," she said. 

My eyes widened. 

-The Next Day-Lance-

I woke up and went to Keith's room. He was still sleeping. I gently changed his clothes into dry ones since his other ones were damp with sweat. He was human again. I put the dirty clothes in his hamper and I heard him moan in pain. He woke up and starting puking. I ran over and rubbed his back. After he was done I helped him drink some water and rinsed the trash can out in the bathroom. I walked back in. He was breathing heavy. 

"L-Lance...do me a favor?" he asked. 

I looked at him, "Yeah of course. What do you need?" I asked. 

"Can you take me to Red? I wanna see her," he said. 

My eyes widened. I knew I shouldn't have moved him but I walked over then gently picked him up. We walked down to the hangar. I could hear a low, growl. Red knew her paladin was sick and hurting. We got to her and Red laid down. Keith smiled at her weakly and put his hand on her nose. It broke my heart to see it happening. All of a sudden Keith's arm fell limp. I looked down at him and his eyes were closed, his chest not moving. I quickly knelt down. 

"Keith?! Keith wake up! Come on! You still have another day!" I said quickly. 

-Shiro-

I heard Lance yelling Keith's name. I ran to Red's hangar and saw them there. Lance looked at me, tears were streaming down his face.

"Shiro he won't wake up! Keith won't wake up!" he said in a very panicked voice.

I walked over to him. I checked Keith's pulse and my head dropped, "Lance...he's gone," I said. 

I squeezed my eyes shut as Lance let out a scream. The others ran down and I looked at them. I shook my head no and Pidge immediately started crying. Red sat up and let out a full-on roar, I could tell she was hurting and sad. My heart completely shattered when I heard the other lions roar. 

-A Month Later-

The castle was very quiet. Lance was trying to act like he was fine, but we all knew he was hurting. Keith was in a coffin in the Castle's tomb, which was originally made to hold Allura's father but the body was never recovered. Lance went down there often. We put Keith in his Paladin armor before closing the coffin. The top was glass so we could still see Keith, and luckily Allura explained that whoever is in the coffin wouldn't decay. I watched Lance come up and I walked down. 

I walked up to the coffin, "Hey Keith. I don't know what Lance says when he comes down here to see you, but he's not alright. He keeps pretending that he's okay when I know he isn't and it hurts. The clone has come back once, and we plan to trick him into coming here so we can take him down for the final time," I sighed, "Red is doing alright, she's become very docile towards us. She even let Lance take her out for a fly the week after you passed away. She probably became very close to him because he was close to you. Uh, news of your death has spread across the Galaxy. Zarkon...he's called off any attacks. He was searching for you to reconnect with his sister's son," I started crying, "Who am I kidding? None of us are alright. Days drag on, training is boring. Allura has yet to forgive herself for being so cold to you before you died. Pidge is always holed up in her room, only lets me in to see her. Hunk spends a lot of time cooking. Coran goes about his daily duties, but he's no longer his hyper self," I wiped some tears away, but they were replaced.

I walked away and went upstairs. The alarms started going off. I got into my armor and the clone was standing there. Lance showed up and he was pissed. 

"Zarkon has fallen! You should too!" Lance yelled. 

Clone me laughed, "I am no longer under his rule Blue Paladin. Hm, I only count four of you. Where's the Red paladin? Oh right, he's dead," he said with a smirk. 

That broke Lance. He kept shooting the Clone, but he dodged all the shots. I activated the tech in my arm and made Lance switch out with me. I ran up to him and swung at him. The punch landed and sent him flying. He hit the wall so hard it cracked the wall. He got up but was put back down by a shot from Hunk. The Clone wasn't as strong as he used to be since Haggar stopped using her magic to power him. Pidge wrapped her whip around him and Lance walked over. He pointed the gun at the Clone's head. Without saying a word he pulled the trigger. 

-Lance-A Week Later-

I walked downstairs to the tomb, "Hey buddy. Clone Shiro is dead. It's over. I just wish you had been there. I, uh, finally got the courage to go into your room. I found the promise ring you were planning on giving me," I messed with the ring on my finger, "I have no idea when you managed to get it for me. We were always together on that planet. We're having a vigil for you in the castle next week. I planned it. I don't know if I'm going to allow people to come down here to see you and say their final goodbyes. I've taken Red back and Blue has Allura. Red...she's going to be just fine," I said and sighed, "I love you, Keith. Forever and Always."