Benches

Luma continues to walk down the streets of Cleveland, her stolen beer in one hand. Taking a sip she attempts to block out all of the emotions rushing through her body. Kells wasn't being unreasonable but then again she was also scared. Why couldn't he see that? It's like he's deaf or something sometimes.

She knows that their argument was stupid but she doubts that he'll take her back. With another sip of beer she walks to the park where they had their first kiss and sits on a bench. Though the weather is cold, she doesn't care as she pities herself and criticizes her reaction to the seemingly simple situation.

A few feet away, Colson sits on the bench they had their first kiss on staring into space. His large hand holds an unlit joint as he sits there in the fading light. There's something beautiful about a person unaware they're being observed. You get to see the real them that they hide under layers of facade.

Luma's breath hitches and she feels like a little girl who's too shy to interact with people, holding onto her parents' pant legs as they attempt to shake her off. He's beautiful and not hers anymore.

Colson frowns as he attempts to wipe clean these past few months in his mind. It was stupid of him to think he could rely on someone else. Just idiotic to think that someone would actually stay through his broken personality.

He gets up and spots her sitting on another bench staring. Her eyes widen as she realizes she's been spotted , although that doesn't deter her from staring. Walking over to her he just stands in front of the bench silently his eyes drinking in her small body. Staying away from her was impossible.

Luma looks up at his chiseled face sadly not knowing what to say. If there was anything to say at all.

"I'm um sorry," whispers Colson hoarsely.

Luma raises an eyebrow and shrugs like the argument didn't bother her. It did and he did but there was nothing left to say. Getting up, she wraps her arms around his torso and inhales his scent as the breeze blows gently through the trees surrounding them.

"I'm sorry too. I was stupid."

Colson chuckles softly as he kisses the top of her head. He had missed her so much that he hadn't known what to do with himself when she'd run off.

They stood there for a while, the breeze blowing through their clothes. It was like they were in a vacuum where the only sound is a slight ringing since the silence is so potent. Wordlessly, Colson offers her the joint and she takes it with a slight grin on her small face.

Putting it to her lips, Colson grabs a lighter out of his pocket and lights it for her. Like a gentleman even. Well, at least the most gentlemanly he could muster.

The smoke blows into his face and he coughs. Luma giggles as she passes the joint to him. The end of the joint lit their faces in a red glow in the darkness.

"Princess again?" Colson asks before he inhales.

Luma nods before pulling on his jacket, placing her lips on his. They move in synch as Colson's hands drop into her hair, caressing the long strands.

The joint falls onto the ground forgotten. He lifts her up onto the bench so she's a little taller than him without breaking the kiss and allows her to take control, their mouths tasting like a mix a weed and alcohol.

They pull back to breathe and Colson smiles in satisfaction. She's perfect.

"Is that your final answer?"

Luma laughs at his cheeky remark and nods enthusiastically.

"Good. Let's go home now."

She hops off the bench happily and slides her tiny hand into his jacket pocket, savoring the warmth that he elicits. Without warning he picks her up and carries her out of the park before he could open her mouth to protest.