Chapter 8 - Around 1am that Night

Chapter 8
Maya was awake. She was sitting at the bay window. Thinking about Farkle and how she promised Riley that everything was going to be alright. Why she promised that she didn't know? Why did she believe that everything would be alright because deep down inside she knew that something wasn't right, something didn't sit right with her. Then Riley interrupted her thoughts.
"Maya, What's wrong?" Riley said as she got out of bed.
"I'm thinking about stuff,"
"What stuff?"
"Farkle, Lucas,"
"Yeah me too,"
"Hmm..."
"Do you actually think he will make it?"
"I don't know anymore,"
"I wish I knew, I wish I knew exactly what was going to happen for the next 5 years,"
"Me too but wish I understood everything people tell me about life, about love."
"I wish the world was just you and me,"
"Then it is!" Maya put her arm around Riley so that they could be closer. A silence, calm air filled the room with it carried the feeling of hope, hope that everything would be okay. Even if it isn't now. They will always have each other and they will always have hope.

"When did you know?"
"Know what?"
"That you liked Lucas,"
"Um maybe when I saw him on the subway or maybe when he protected Farkle against Billy, I don't know"
"Oh,"
"Why?"
"Just wondering,"
"Really Riles?"
"Oh okay, think I mfugs hufin desou,"

Then Topanga pushed through the door. "Girls, get dressed we're going to the hospital,"
Riley and Maya didn't question it they did as they were told and before they knew it they were again running down the hall looking for Farkle's room.
"How is he?" Riley said.
"What happened?" Maya came in behind.