Chapter Seven

Hello there! Sorry it has taken me so long to upload, but here it is...CHAPTER SEVEN! YAYYY!!! Okay excitement over, I hope you enjoy it. The next chapter will be up within a week. Please comment :)

“Wow! That’s amazing hon. When did you find out?” His hand immediately moved to my stomach and he rested it there.

“Today,” I replied abruptly shaking his hand off me. He really did seem made up, so maybe he did love me still. Not that it mattered anymore, me and him were as good as over. I just needed a confession first.

“Things are going right, we can be a proper family again. I knew we’d be okay.” Lee took hold of my hand and gazed into my eyes. He looked so carefree; there was not a flash of guilt in them. Maybe she was just trying to get her own back on him, but there was always the possibility she was telling the truth.

“You’d think,” I told him through gritted teeth, trying to suppress the rage growing inside me. I wanted nothing more than to scream and shout at him until he told me the truth. Until he told me the truth I was in purgatory.

“Aimee, what’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong? What’s wrong?” I scoffed. I was struggling to keep my cool but I knew I had to otherwise he’d never confess. If I went in all guns blazing he’d deny it for sure.

“You don’t want the baby do you? I thought we were getting back to how we used to be, but it’s obvious you’re not there yet.”

“I’m not pregnant,” I admitted.

“You told me you were. You told me that I was going to be a Dad again. I have feelings too you know?” He genuinely did look quite hurt, but then again appearances can be deceiving. Take me for example; inside I was a real mess. Part of me wanted it to be lies but part of me knew that he had been lying, yet on the outside I looked normal.

“You are.” I studied his face waiting for a reaction. Had it not clicked yet that I knew about his little secret?

Instead, Lee remained calm and collected. “Aimee, what are you on about? You’re not making any sense babe. One minute you say you’re pregnant, the next you say you’re not. What’s going on?”

“You are going to be a father again. I never said I was carrying your child.” As soon as Lee heard these words it was as if the penny had finally dropped. Gone was the relaxed Lee instead in his place was a nervous mess.

“W-w-what do you mean?” he asked not even daring to look me in the eye.

“I had a visitor today. Attractive blond girl, if only I could remember her name.” Lee’s face drained of all colour.

“W-w-what?”

“Oh yeah that’s it. Trish, yeah that was her name. Had quite an interesting story to tell me actually,” I informed him trying to contain the tears that were attempting to break through.

Lee composed himself and looked me straight in the eye. “She was lying!” he insisted with a slight roughness to his tone.

“Don’t feed me that shit Lee. How the fuck can I believe anything that you say to me now? You told me it was just once, but it wasn’t was it?” I just wanted him to face up to what he had done; I couldn’t cope with the lying.

“I swear Aimee she’s made it all up. I have you what more do I need?”

“Just tell me the truth Lee. Is that too much for me to ask?”

“I am telling you the truth,” Lee insisted rather uneasily.

“Okay then, well how is she pregnant?” Was he telling the truth or not? My head was telling me to do one thing and my heart another.