the colours of diana (english)

❀

   The first time Diana wondered if she liked girls more than boys was when she turned 10. It was at her birthday party when Ruby Gillis showed up in a frilly pink dress with her hair done up like a princess. She remembered wondering why she had a sudden urge to kiss her and why she wanted so badly for Ruby to like her back.

   The second time she wondered was when she first glanced at Anne Shirley, the new girl in Avonlea at age 11. She wondered if maybe it would be alright to snuggle up with Anne under the Barry's cherry tree and be with each other forever.

   She began to wonder if what was happening was good. It felt right to her. On the Sunday after she'd accidentally gotten drunk with Anne she cried during confession but refused to tell the truth.

   She couldn't help but wonder if this was destiny. Her namesake, the goddess Diana, had Callisto and the rest of her hunters but instead Diana tried to hide it. She pushed herself to like Gilbert and Moody and the other boys of Avonlea but she couldn't keep it out of the back of her head.

   It was after a rainstorm that Diana realised that maybe what she was going through wasn't a sin. She looked up at the sky to see a gorgeous rainbow an as her eyes followed its trail they landed at the person standing at the end of it.

   Anne.

   She encompassed every colour. Red, her beautiful hair that seemed to shine and shimmer. Orange, her fiery spirit. Yellow, her sweet smile. Green, her oneness wth nature. Blue, her acceptance of sadness. Indigo, her kindred spirit and violet, the undeniable love that Diana felt for her best friend.

-fleur
( -flowersanddeath )

first published chapter as an admin on this account! yay! i hope it's as good as the other admins'! it's pretty short but y'know, starting off slow.