{9} The Epilogue

D's Pov;

                  Its been 2 weeks. I'm still taking pills. My arm is still marked, doesn't hurt anymore. I'm still in love with jul. He has been over my apartment a lot over the past two weeks, he claims it to make sure i take my pills and to ensure nothing else happens.  But I know that's not the case because im happy. He knows nothing would happen because im truly happy. He just wants to spend time with me, and i'm perfectly okay with that.

                  DING. I ring the door bell to Chris's apartment. I hear yelling, chris and matt yelling at each other to get the door. After a few seconds I hear the door unlock and it opens to a tired looking matt who seems to still be concentrated on his game. 

                   "h.. hey, come in" Matt said, preoccupied with his game. He ran back and sat next to Chris while i shut the door. I set the pizza i picked up for us on the way here on the counter. 

                    "Where is ryan?"i asked taking my coat off.

                    "I think he is back at the grumps office.." Matt paused, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH" He yelled his piercing high pitched scream as Chris beat him in mortal kombat. "I swear to god chris..." Matt and chris yelled back and forth but i tuned out when i saw Jul on the balcony. He was on his phone doing lord knows what. I went to open the sliding door and he turned around.

                   "D!" he said running over to me to hug me as I closed the door behind me. I was greeted with two cold arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me close. The only thing I could do was pull him even closer. I rested my head on his shoulder and just let him hug me. It was nice. Finally everything was nice and i was happy. "So are they still playing mortal kombat in there? I heard matt screaming." we both sat down on the couch chris put out here.  

                   "yep. How does even make his voice do that? He really does sound like a 6 year old, which makes him more annoying." 

                    "hey," jul lightly hits me with his fist." He isn't annoying."

                    "its just a joke juls, no need to turn abusive on me." he giggled a bit when i said that. I reached in my jacket pocket and pulled out a lighter and cigarette from out of the carton and places it gently between my lips.

                     "D, come on, i thought you were going to quit. You shouldn't have even gotten back into smoking  in the first place." He said as he grab my left hand, while i used my right to light the cigarette.

                     "I know, but i did. And i am, i cant just go cold turkey, i gotta slowly ease outta it. Plus this is the first one ive had this week."

                      "ugh, youre really killing me here D."

                      " nah, im saving that for when youre old and rich, so i can inherit your money and marry a guy i actually want to be with." I smile

                        "not if i do it first" He said. We laughed and i laid on the couch with my head in his lap. We stayed like that as time went on and talked. we could hear the ryan showed up while we were talking. It was getting dark outside. 

                          "hey D..." Jul sat up forcing me off of him. I rubbed my eyes, which barely helped me to see him since the only light on him was very dim coming from inside chris's apartment. "Are you... better?" From what i could see, he looked nervous. Did he actually think i was still unhappy. I went to open my mouth to talk, but nothing came out. Instead I leaped forward into his arms and kissed him. He probably hated it because my breath smelled and tasted like fresh cigarette, but to my surprise, he kissed back. The balcony light that turns on at 8 pm turned on and scared us both. I jumped back out of the kiss, laughing at juls scared expression. 

                           "Juls," I stopped laughing and took both his hands in mine. "Im better, so much better. I've been better since that night. Jul, dont you get it? You were the thing i was missing, you were so involved with every aspect of my life, and i was to scared to admit i wanted you involved in the relationship aspect. I lost you as a friend because of it, that why i wasn't okay. and now that youre here, things are better than they were before all of this. Jul, I love you."  He didn't say anything, just stared at  me. But before i knew it, he was hugging me, his head on my shoulder. 

                          "thank god..." He whispered. His head slowly lifted off my shoulder and his eyes met with my eyes, so close i could feel his breath. "Because im so much happier. I love you too." He leaned in and kissed me for a good ten seconds before pulling away and standing up. He put his hand out in front on me and i accepted. We walked back in the house hand in hand.

                         The rest of the night we ate pizza and played games until we physically couldn't. Ryan fell asleep on one of chris's couches.Chris was awkwardly passed out on a chair, half on and half off. Matt made a bed on the ground and watched netflix with juls and I, who were on chris's other couch. Soon after, juls fell asleep with his head on my lap while i was playing with his hair. I looked around at everyone. This was it, this was happiness. This is what i wanted. and i finally have it. Soon after I shut my eyes and fell asleep, Happy.

-

End.

-

Ha, you thought the last chapter was the end.

~Camm E

-

-

-

Note from chapter 8 (updated):

Camm e's note;

God that was a train wreck, but im getting back into writing finally!! anyway should i write more sad stories like this? or stick to happy one? Also what ship should i do next?

or should i finish Friday night lights?

Thank you for reading my whole story, i know it's really hard to because of how bad it was. but if you could leave a comment or vote on it, it would mean the world to me.

Thanks! Love ya!!