Rotten To The Core

As the VK's walked to Ruth Hearts' stall, Jay pulled Mal so they were walking behind Evie and Carlos who were laughing and joking.

"Mal, me, Carlos and Evie have been best friends for eight years. You've only met us today so to be our friend, we'll have to do a promise ceremony."

"Jay, why?" Evie heard all of it and stopped in front of them.

"We talked about it months ago, Evie. Remember?" Jay tried to make Evie remember their discussion.

"Oh yeah, I remember." Evie grinned.

"Guys, come on. Ruth's stall is there." Carlos pointed to a young girl with black hair which draped over her right eye and she had a big red bow in her hair. Ruth was wearing a red jumpsuit with no shoes on and she had pale skin.

"Let's do this. Jay, Carlos, don't make eye contact with her." Evie instructed as they walked over.

"What will happen if they do?" Mal asked Evie.

"She'll stare into your soul and she'll make you her boyfriend and that's not a good thing. She'll kill them if they look into her eyes." Evie looked at Mal. "We can look but we'll have to make sure the boys don't."

"Got it." Mal nodded at Evie.

"Evie! Jay! Carlos! It's nice to see you three again! What would you like to buy?" Ruth frantically looked at the ornaments on the table in front of her.

"I like this glass crown." Evie picked up a glass crown that was sitting next to her.

"Be careful. If that broke, my Mom would be fuming." Ruth said quietly.

"How much is it?" Carlos asked.

"$500. It's the most expensive thing on the stall and my Mom wants to save it for Maleficent. I heard she's rich." Ruth whispered.

"Really? I'm sure it's just a rumour." Mal picked up a small figure of the Queen of hearts.

"I don't think they're rumours. She did have the money for a new staff and she does want the best in everything." She looked at Evie and started worrying about the glass crown. "Please don't use it as a toy. If it breaks, I'll have to clean it up and mend it." This grabbed Evie's attention and she placed it on her head so when she let go of it, it slid off her head and broke on their floor. "Oh no! I'll clean it!" Ruth stood up and picked the pieces from the floor.

"Now's our chance." Carlos started stuffing money from Ruth's bag into his pockets.

"For a girl with a lot of money, she uses her bag as a cash register." Mal sighed. When all the money was in their pockets, they ran for their hideout.

"I'm glad she didn't catch us." Jay panted as he locked the door.

"Before we party, we must have that promise ceremony we discussed a few months ago for Mal." Evie lit the candles and dragged Mal to the middle of the room and she placed her hand on her heart."You have to be serious about this."

"Serious is my middle name." Mal placed her hand on her heart. The boys did the same.

"Mal, do you promise to never betray us?" Carlos started.

"To always be there for us?" Jay continued.

"And to never, ever end this journey with us because together, we are a family. We are brothers and sisters. No matter what we go through, we must stick together." Evie finished.

"I promise to never betray you, to always be there for you and to never, ever end this journey that's about to start." Mal said seriously.

Evie put her hand out in the middle of them. Carlos placed his hand on top of hers, Jay placed his hand on Carlos' and Mal joined in. They all lifted their hands in the air and howled like wolves.