Last chapter

Once they were back at the hideout, Jay answered Carlos's question.

"Mal's eyes will turn green when she is scared for a loved one. To save that loved one, her eyes will sign that business is about to go down and it will never let her fail to win." Jay smiled at Mal. "Nobody loves anyone on the Isle and nobody has each others back but Mal, you love us."

"You guys are my brothers and sister, why wouldn't I love you?" Evie, Jay and Carlos looked awkward.

"I have never had the urge to say this to anyone but...I love you guys. You three are my siblings." Evie hugged Mal.

"It's hard for a boy to say it...I love all of you equally." Carlos walked over to the girls and they pulled him into the hug. Jay approached them.

"I've never thought that my best friends would be my siblings. I love you guys." Carlos pulled him into the hug. "And you're hearing this from one of the toughest kids on the Isle."

"Now I say we celebrate for our victory." Mal was the first one to place her hand in the middle. They all piled their hands on top of each other and howled like wolves as they lifted them up.

"Carlos, I think a little music would do nicely." Evie winked at him.

"Instead of Rotten To The Core..." Carlos was interrupted by Jay.

"Put it on. It's the tune that brought us closer together." Jay and Mal shared a small laugh.

"Rotten To The Core it is." Carlos cheered as he played the track. Mal started singing.

"They say I'm trouble, they say I'm bad, they say I'm evil and that makes me glad!"

"A dirty no good down to the bone. Your worst nightmare, can't take me home." Jay backflipped for fun.

"So I've got some mischief in my blood! Can you blame me? I never got no love!" Evie rolled her eyes at her last line.

"They think I'm callous, a low life hood! I feel so useless, misunderstood!" Carlos jumped and did the splits.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the baddest of them all? Welcome to my wicked world, wicked world!" Evie and Mal joined the boys in the middle of the room for the chorus.

"I'm rotten to the core, core! Rotten to the core! I'm rotten to the core, core! Who could ask for more! I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door! I'm rotten to the, core. Rotten to theeeee, I'm rotten to the core!" They all cheered.

"Call me a schemer, call me a freak! How can you say that? I'm just.. unique!" Mal and Jay danced together.

"What me a traitor? Ain't got your back? Are we not friends? What's up with that?" Jay rolled off Mals back.

"So I'm a misfit, so I'm a flirt! I broke your heart? I made you hurt?" Evie started dancing with Carlos and stroked his cheek.

"The past is past! Forgive, forget! The truth is you ain't seen nothing yet!" Carlos laughed.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall! Who's the baddest of them all? Welcome to my wicked world, wicked world!"

When it came to the break down dance, they changed it just this one time so they were all in a circle and they intersected with each other. Jay and Carlos were twirling Mal and Evie around, in the end it was Jay and Evie and Mal and Carlos. They bursted out the chorus.

"I'm rotten to the core, core! Rotten to the core! I'm rotten to the core, core! Who could ask for more! I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door! I'm rotten to the, core. Rotten to theeeee, I'm rotten to the core!" They all collapsed on the floor.

"That was better than the first and second time. Both times I thought were my best moments but that was unique and always will be." Mal panted.

"I didn't want to change my lyrics because for all of us, the first time was special. That's why I rolled my eyes." Evie leaned into Carlos.

"I never thought I could dance so well with a girl." Jay and Mal busted.

"I know right, we dance like it's choreographed. We'll be amazing in a two vs two dance battle." Mal punched upwards.

"Or a four vs four because that circle dancing was amazing. We all held hands in the middle and leaned back then pulled each other back up again and it was crazy." Carlos smiled at the memory.

"The VK's may have a dance routine and a song but it doesn't matter because..." Mal was interrupted my Evie.

"Because we're rotten to the core." Evie thought that was the answer but Mal shook her head.

"Because we are connected in an awesomely wicked way." Mal rested her head on Jays shoulder.

"Is it raining?" Jay stood up and looked out the window. "Who wants to play in the puddles? They're already big."

"Jay, we haven't had the chance to get change out of our clothes from the party. That might be the best thing to do." Evie giggled and they all dashed for their rooms. "Mal, how's this going to work?"

"We don't look at each other until we're both changed. Easy." Mal turned her back to Evie and started getting changed into her casual purple jacket, black leather pants, green shirt and black shoes. When they were both done, Mal saw that Evie was wearing all blue. Blue jacket, blue pants, blue shoes and a blue shirt.

"Me and Jay are ready!" Carlos knocked on the door.

"We're also ready." Evie opened the door and she and Mal saw that Jay was wearing a red jacket, orange pants, black shirt and black shoes. Carlos wore a white jacket with black shirt, red shoes and white pants.

"Lets go have some fun." Jay wrapped an arm around Evie as they walked out the door. All four of them ran into the streets and started jumping in the puddles. Carlos kicked some water at Mal who kicked some back at him and accidentally drenched Evie. Soon it was a water battle of them kicking water at each other. They got strange looks from people but they either ignored them or starred back at them. Jay snook up behind Mal, held her still so Carlos and Evie could kick a small tsunami of water at her. Jay got wet a bit but he didn't care.

"My Mom would cast a spell if she caught me doing this!" Mal shouted.

"My Dad would've brought me inside and dug into my pockets to make sure that 'nothing got damaged'!" Jay air quoted as he kicked water at Evie.

"My Mom would either take me inside and did my make-up or leave me! Depending if she thinks my hair was dirty!" Evie said as she kicked water back at Jay.

"Well my Mom would've screamed if I was wearing fur!" Carlos took off his shoe, filled it with water and dumped it on Jays head. After an hour, they went inside.

"We can all take turns using my hair dryer. Mal, come with me." Evie brought Mal into her room where she started blow drying her hair. And hour later, everyone's hair was near enough dry and they were in their pyjamas, sitting in a circle in the main room.

"Who would've known that rain could be fun." Mal laughed.

"I'm tired now." Carlos yawned.

"I think this journey of us four together is going to be great." Evie smiled.

"As long as we stay together, we love each other and our hearts keep on beating, we will have a great life." Jay messed up Mals hair. They all howled one last time before going to bed.
____________________________________________________________
Mal walks outside and looks at you. Yes, you. The reader.

"You didn't think this was the end of the story, did you?" Mal smirks at you.

"Mal!" Jay shouts. "Carlos has Evie pinned to the wall again!"

"Coming!" Mal winks at you before opening the door. "The story's never over." She closes the door behind her.