Chapter 7, Poor Unfortunate Souls

I run into my shared room and grab the only pair of sweats that I own and change out of my work uniform.

The door opens and my roommate/best friend Ashley walks in. Looking me up and down she frowns.

"Are you going to fight with Cain again? I swear someone important will find out and decapitate both of you. And I really, really don't want clean up your heads from the floor. Do you know how gross that would be?" She states in an almost monotone voice.

"Whatever Ash. You know I need this. I'm not going to let a wolf kidnap me again," I shudder, remembering Blondie. "Plus, it keeps me in shape," I add on as an extra reason.

"Go," she waves towards the door. "Just don't get caught. I don't want to have to get a new roommate. I'm serious, if you die, I will drag your bloody corsp back form the dead and bring you back to life. Kill you again, then bring you back once more," she looks directly into my eyes as she issues her threat.

She could follow through with it if she really wanted to. The thing about Ashley was that she could do anything she really set her mind to. She just needed a reason to. Human or not, she's the strongest willed person I know.

"Got it," I salute her before exiting the room and sneaking down the hallway.

Pressing my hands to the wall, I open one of the old service hallways. They are rarely used since the pack house was redone about 10 years ago, but everyone knew about them. Or at least, the humans did.

Slipping into the hallway I close trace the path to the "training room". A few of the servants created the room as a place to learn self defense or run or whatever. Cain showed it to me.

Entering the room the smell of sweat invade my nose. Lovely. I quickly spot Cain in the back talking to a few of his friends and make my way over to him.

"Hey," I smile at the boys.

Cain lifts his watch and looks at me, "28 minutes, just grazing the time Jess,"

"Sorry I ran into Ashley and talked to her for a couple minutes, but I still made time," I point out. What's the point on giving a half hour if your not going to mean it?

He points at me, "30 push-ups then we'll start. I already did mine,"

Great, he's in trainer mode today.

Going down I start my journey of doing these stupid push-ups.

30 push-ups later I lay on my back and look over to Chase and his buddies. They are laughing at me.

"What?" I grumble up at them. I don't appreciate the fact that they are laughing at my push-ups. Do they know how freaking many I just did. Seriously, 30 is a crap ton.

Josh smirks down at me like he's read my mind. Stupid Josh with his big muscles and stuff.

"Nothing girly. You ready to start?" Cain looks down on me.

"No," I lift my jelly arms up. "You made my arms noodlie. I can't punch with noodle arms Cain," I deadpan at him.

"Up, or I'll make you run 15 laps,"

Up it is.

***

Stupid guest. More arrived this morning so now we are tripleing the pancakes. Everyone's rushing around trying to sort out the food, make the batter and cook it.

Bernie woke us all up at 4 to start cooking, meaning I got an hour less much appreciated and needed sleep last night. Especially after Cain kicked my butt last night. My muscles kinda hurt this morning.