Chapter 19

*Skye's POV*

"Let's take it away from my daughter" I say, walking away from where we were standing.

Alex leads Siena into another aisle but I hear a constant stream of giggles as she potters away.

"I really messed up Skye..." Joel sighs.

I wrap my arms around him without a second thought. He hesitates at first but I feel him relax into my hug.

"I'm so sorry" He whispers to me and I hug him tighter.

"I don't like when we argue. I should have considered your feelings as well. It's partly my fault and I'm sorry also" I admitted willingly.

"I don't want to lose you. You're everything. Siena, you, me, we are a family no matter what"

He releases me from our hug and looks at me directly with a sad expression on his face.

"You will always be family Joel you know that"

"I'm just sorry about everything. My reaction was totally not cool. I'm truly glad you are happy. Even if it's with him. I hope you can understand that my anger came from a place of love. After everything he's done, what did you expect my reaction to be when I saw that? Honestly, I'm not sure. But I'm here and I'm apologising, asking for forgiveness if you'll give it to me..." He rambles without stuttering over one word.

"It's taken time. However, you are right. I don't know how else someone would react in the situation you were put in. But I'm with Alex now. I've fallen in love with him and I don't think I need to explain my feelings anymore. They are personal and private, shared between him and I. I know that isn't what you want to hear but it's the truth"

"I think I'll be okay eventually," he smiles. "As long as you're my best friend, I'll be here right beside you through it all"

I hug him again and kiss him softly on the cheek.

"Let's go find my girl" I smile up at him.

"Wouldn't want her to cause any trouble whilst you're gone, would we?" He laughs.

It doesn't take long to find them that's for sure. Siena has successfully manipulated Alex into the toy aisle. Smart little girl, gotta give it to her. She's looking some toys whilst Alex is behind the trolley watching her mesmerised.

Mesmerised up until I come up beside him of course. He smiles and puts his hand on the small on my back. A gesture noted by Joel.

"Are you okay?" He whispers softly in my ear.

I kiss him back in response and smile. Joel doesn't turn away and surprisingly offers his hand to Alex.

Alex seems surprised also but nonetheless extends his hand to shake with Joel.

"How are you bro?" He musters a smile.

"I'm actually not too bad man, not too bad at all. Hope you are feeling the same, considering everything"

"It's getting better that's for sure" Joel laughs, walking over and picking up Siena before carrying her back over to us.

"Uncle Joel! You scared me!" She giggles.

She drops her toys in the trolley, giving Alex the puppy dog eyes. That's my girl!

"The damn puppy dog eyes" Alex says, rolling his eyes. "Fine the toys can stay".

This earns a happy response from Siena, but we all know that she was always going to get them one way or another.

"They work every time" I marvelled.

"Anything for Princess Siena isn't that right?" He agrees and pushes the trolley towards the counter.

"Let's go home" I proposed, leaning up against Joel.

Once we get to the counter, Alex pays again despite my numerous protests. Joel was on his side and agreed with his reasoning. Men, I tell you.

What did I do to deserve the life I have? I'll be forever grateful, I promise.