Chapter 6

*Skye's POV*

I always wondered what it would be like to have a love that consumes you. Such a passion for love where everything you do is for them. I realised 2 years ago that a boy isn't the only thing that can give that to you. My own daughter did that for me. She is my world, and that's the one reason I am grateful to Alex. He gave me her.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when someone taps me on the shoulder.

"Are you okay Birdy?" Alex asks.

"Oh yeah I'm fine just thinking" I try to muster a smile.

"About me I'm sure" he winks before facing the front of the classroom.

"If only you knew Alex" I say soft enough that he can't hear me.

"So I hope you all are working on your assignments. I've heard some great ideas from a few of you and you don't have very long left to get it finished. I'll give you this lesson to work on it in class time but the rest will need to be done out of class. Go ahead students" Mr Francis says.

Alex moves in closer to me.

"May I come over after school today? We don't have long left to complete it and we still have a bit to go"

Contemplating my answer for a minute I decide to let him.

"Yeah sure you can come over but Joel won't be there to take care of Siena though. Is that a problem?" I question.

"No that's no problem at all" he smiles.

Before I knew it the final bell was ringing and everyone was leaving the classroom ready for the night ahead.

When I left the school Alex was waiting by my car.

"Hey what are you doing?" I ask as I approach him.

"Going to your house duh"

"In my car?"

"Yeppers lets go Birdy"

~~~~~
"Siena me and Alex are just gonna be sitting in the dining room doing school work. If you need me just let me know okay?"

"Yes mummy I'll be okay" she giggles watching Mister Maker on TV.

"Okay there's food on the coffee table don't forget and juice too---" I say getting interrupted by Alex pulling me away.

"Your a really good mother" he smiles.

I am shocked by what he said so it takes me a second to come back to reality.

"Cmon lets get some of this done" I say sitting down at the dining room table.

"Okay sure" he says taking the seat across from me.

30 minutes later we had officially given up. Well not really but we had just had enough for the day.

"Wanna play 20 questions?" I ask.

"Yeah okay but we are aloud one pass" he says in between putting his books away.

"Ladies first umm what is your biggest fear?"

"Being forever alone" he answers and I can tell he's being honest.

"Your joking right? Your Alex Anderson, you have girls hanging all over you all the time. You will have no problem with that trust me."

"But all they want is what's in my pants. I want something real. Anyways my turn what is something no one knows about you?"

"I have a supply of glow sticks in my room because I always sleep with one on my wrist at night. I like knowing that I'm the only thing lighting up the room."

Questions continued to get asked.

"Umm what is your biggest regret?" I ask when it reaches my turn once again.

Will he say something about that night?

"Pass..."

"Okay fair enough. Your turn?"

"Who is the father of Siena?"

"Pass..." I quickly say.

"Haha fair enough. That game went downhill very quickly"

"Sorry.." I mutter looking down in my lap.

"Don't be" he grins.

Coming to a quick realisation I run to the lounge room.

"Nenna!" I yell as I reach the lounge room.

"What's wrong mum?" She laughs.

"What day is it today silly?"

"Wednesday"

"What do we do one Wednesday's?" I beam.

"Get icecream!!!" She jumps up and hugs me.

I can't believe I forgot it was Wednesday. Stupid Skye.

"Wednesday is icecream day?" Alex asks coming up beside me.

"It sure is. I'm so sorry to cut our work short" I sympathise.

"No don't worry! Can I come along? Only if it's okay with Siena though" he bends down to be her size.

"Of course you can come" she smiles.

He laughs and gives a sincere smile back.

"Let's go then guys" I say grabbing the keys from the bowl.

~~~~~
"What does Siena normally get?" Alex asks.

"Just plain chocolate and some M&M's mixed in"

"Okay I'll go order."

"Here take this" I say pulling a $20 note from my pocket.

"No it's okay I've got it" he smiles.

I grab Siena's hand and lead her to an empty booth.

"Do you like Alex mummy?"

I am startled by her question.

"I don't quite know yet baby. It's nothing you need to worry about though I promise"

I lean over and kiss her on the forehead before Alex comes back with the three icecreams. He sits opposite from me.

"A chocolate icecream for you, and a cookies and cream icecream for you" he says sliding an icecream across for Siena and I.

I smile at the memory of us eating icecream at his house last week.

"Cookie dough" I beam as I bite into a big chunk of cookie dough.

"Your favourite right?" He questions.

"Right" I smile back.

"Good" he says smiling to himself like he achieved something.

Oh Alex, what are you doing to me.