Chapter 8

Good Morning Birdy xx

3 words that made my day instantly better at the sight of them. I sent a quick message back, the smile constantly present on my face.

"You seem happy this morning?" Joel says knocking at my door.

"Dude I'm naked" I scream rushing to grab the covers to cover myself. 

"Please I've seen worse" he shudders deeply. "Plus it's nothing I haven't seen before" he winks.

"Get out you idiot!" I laugh pointing towards the door.

"Whatever" He groans walking out of my room.

"Get Siena ready please!" I yell after him.

"Yeah yeah" He mutters from the corridor.

Walking to the cupboard, I quickly skim over all of my nicer clothes and pick out a pink summer dress to wear to school.

"Who the heck are you and where is Skye?" Joel screams as soon as I step into the kitchen.

"Oh shut up"

"No seriously since when do you wear dresses?"

"I can wear a dress if I want" I said putting my hand on my hip.

"Well you look beautiful in it anyway" he blushes.

Did Joel just blush because of me?

"Joel..." I sigh.

"Haha just kidding" he fake laughs trying to cover it up.

"Whatever asshole"

~~~~

"Birdy!" A voice called down the school hallway.

Alex.

"Hi Alex" I smile.

"How'd you sleep last night?" He says nervously.

"Why are you nervous?" I laugh.

"I'm not nervous what do you mean?" He says sternly.

"Yeah.." I smile.

His hand intertwines with mine and on instinct I pull mine back.

"Oh uh I'm sorry, instinct kicked in" I said intertwining mine back with his.

He smiled down at the ground.

"Why is everyone staring at me?" I laugh nervously suddenly notice the dozens of eyes latched on me.

"Your holding hands with Westview High's most beloved badboy. Obviously people are gonna stare" he jokes.

"Oh yeah"

"So let's give them something to stare at" he says before lifting my lips to his softly.

I was too dazed to realise the shocked faces gasping at our sudden display of affection.

"Let's get you to class hey?" He smiles before taking his hand in mine and walking me towards my classroom.

I looked behind me and I saw Joel standing at the school entrance probably shocked at the occurrence. He looked dull? Sad? Heartbroken? No that couldn't be it. Me and Joel are just friends that's always how it's been.

"Yeah let's go" I said starting to walk down the hallway.

"We have a week or so left till our assignment is due. We don't have much left to do before presentation"

"Yeah thank heavens! It should be good, I hope we get top marks for it" I say.

I hated school that was no lie but I really need to get good marks and graduate. University was out there waiting for me eagerly and I was so ready.

"So ready for what?" Alex asks.

"Oh haha must have spoken out loud. So ready for class you know how much I love class" I say whacking him in the shoulder before running down and around the corner.

"Get back here Birdy!!" He laughs running behind me to catch up.

"You'll never catch me" I say sprinting quicker.

"Caught you" he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"What the hell! Did you like teleport?! I was so quick!"

"Not quick enough" He says stopping me from talking by kissing me.

A smile spreads across my lips as the kiss deepens.

His hands roam around my waist and my stomach igniting every sense in my body.

"Skye we have to go to class" Joel calls breaking our trance.

"Yes okay" I say leaving Alex there and walking towards Joel "I'll message you later" I turn around and say to Alex.

"What's your problem?" Joel half yells shocking me.

"What's my problem? What's yours!?" I say pushing him away from me.

"Why are you kissing someone like him!"

"Someone like him? What's that suppsoed to me?"

"You know what I mean!"

"No I don't! Please explain to me huh?" I say putting my hands on my hips.

"He's the bad boy Skye! You are not supposed to be with a bad boy who will break your heart. You arethe good girl who needs a good guy!"

"Like who? You?"

"Yes.. Exactly..."

"Joel, it's not like that"

"Why can't it be?"

"How can you be so quick to judge him and not yourself?" I stutter tears starting to pool in my eyes.

"Skye don't cry" he reaches out for me.

"No Joel just stop! You've done enough" I say walking away.

As I round the corner out of sight I burst into tears. I hate him.. I really do..