Walking Into The Doors Of Hell- Part 2

"Because of you... I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a little more."

~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, but of course the butterflies chose not to listen.

They fluttered freely in my stomach, and increased in tempo whenever Hunter looked at me on the ride to...wherever. See the thing about that is I still had no idea where we were headed. Just hopefully we would be back in time for our next class. Oh, which happened to be a class that I had with Tony. And now Hunter.

So that should be fun.

We didn't sit in silence this time; instead we spent most of the drive mimicking the shocked expression the gang had on when they saw us walk by. What cracked me up was Hunter's impersonation of Tony when he walked away pissed as hell; he was just so right on about it.

He turned into a familiar strip center, and all of a sudden it came to me where he was taking us.

Starbucks.

He was good. I certainly wasn't expecting this, and it was far better dining than we would've had back at the school. I playfully shoved him and laughed, and he shook his head and smirked.

"Surprised you, didn't I, Angel?" he asked.

"Hell yeah, you sure know how to keep me guessing, I like that," I gave him a shy smile. He looked at me with admiration, and in that moment I could tell he had a thing for me. Kind of like the thing that I had for him. My imagination wasn't just playing tricks on me anymore.

Sparks, please stop sparking, your a distraction and it's hard to focus on him with you doing that.

He got out of his truck and opened my door for me. Deja vu much? We walked into Starbucks together, and ordered the same thing as we did before. I could definitely get used to this. We went over to a booth and sat down, but this time instead of sitting across from one another, I made the decision to sit right next to him.

I blamed it on instinct.

His heat was radiating off of him, and I'm glad I was this close because if I wasn't then I would be kind of chilly. In this moment, I preferred warmth to cold. Maybe it was meant to be like that. I set my backpack onto the table and turned to face him.

Suddenly, I felt liquid fall on my lap and watched as it trickled down my legs. What the hell was that? I turned to Hunter with a confused look on my face, and then shrugged my shoulders. He seemed to be clueless as I was.

I opened the zipper to my backpack and watched as more liquid poured out. I searched around the contents in my bag to figure out the cause of the stuff, then quickly found the answer. I rolled my eyes.

The water bottle of Jack Daniels had become undone. Shit. Alcohol everywhere. At least it happened here, and not at school, or I'd be in big trouble. I yanked the water bottle out and grabbed a bunch of napkins to start cleaning up.

Hunter reached for the bottle, but I held it away from him, not wanting him to think I was some sort of alcoholic or something. He would surely steer away from me then. Most people these days don't want to deal with other people's problems when they have their own. I know for a fact I'm not one, but still, I didn't want to risk the chance of him smelling it.

This time it was him who rolled his eyes.

He took it anyways from my outstretched hand, and held it up to his nose and took a whiff.