Chapter 6

McKenna's POV

Here I was. Sitting on my couch just thinking. Thinking about anything and everything.

Suddenly flashbacks of Matt and I hit me like a tidal wave. So many of them amazing, but yet in the past year, so many of them bad.

Flashbacks of Matt kissing me on his back porch.

Flashbacks of going to the beach together.

Flashbacks of us watching the stars.

Flashbacks of us going to the movies.

Flashbacks of our first fight.

Flashbacks of our most recent one.

Flashbacks of the breakup.

Matt broke my heart yet I keep thinking about him. I mean come on, I'm dating a boy just to make him jealous!

I guess when he started dating Jenn it finally hit me that I like him still.

Then I start thinking of Taylor. Sure I'm only dating him to make Matt feel bad but I have to admit,

I am starting to fall for him.

I said it. I am starting to actually fall for Taylor Caniff.

He is the exact opposite of Matt. I guess that's what I need though. I guess I might like bad boys.

"McKenna!" My mom screams walking inside the house after picking Karlie up from dance.

"I'm in the living room!" I reply loudly.

Karlie walks into the room.

"Hi Kenna." Karlie said smiling yet sounding weak.

She looked sick.

"Hey Kar! Are you feeling well?" I ask curiously.

"No, mommy says I have a fever." She responded flatly.

My mom walked into the room.

"Karlie, why don't you go up to bed? I know you love first grade and you don't want to miss it tomorrow. You need sleep to get better and I'll be right up to kiss you goodnight." My mom tells her clearly because she wanted to talk to me.

"Ok, Mommy!" Karlie replied running upstairs to bed.

My mom looked at the staircase checking to see if Karlie was in her room.

"I'm worried about her." She said in a hushed voice turning back and looking at me.

"Why?" I ask. It's all I can think to respond.

"She has been getting headaches a lot the last couple of weeks. She has constantly been getting fevers or chills. She has also been really tired. She doesn't want to get out of bed." My mom answers my question.

"It's nothing, Mom. I'm tired a lot and I'm not ill!" I try to make light of the situation.

"I suppose you're right. I am probably over thinking this way too much!" My mom says though still looking a bit concerned.

"She's fine. Trust me." I say looking into her eyes.

***

Finally it's Friday. My favorite day of the week!

I throw on my uniform and put my hair into a French Braid. Then I put on my favorite American Eagle headband and finish getting ready.

I walk out the door to catch my bus so I don't have to run to school like the other day.