Chapter 9

McKenna's POV

I decided to change again. I don't want to impress Matt, but I don't want my dad to be embarrassed of me because I'm in sweats.

"Ohh.. what to wear, what to wear?" I think out loud.

Well, how about a floral skater skirt with a red cropped tank top that reaches just above my bellybutton?

Sounds good!

Since my outfit is picked out, I went into my bathroom to touch up my facial features. I add some foundation and concealor, put on a glittery nude eyeshadow, black liquid eyeliner, and some mascara.

After, I straighten my hair so it's pin straight. It now reaches to the very bottom of my back. I've always had very long hair.

I walk back into my bedroom and put on my outfit. I walk over to my jewelry box and open to see what earrings I should wear.

Hmm.. Let's go with gold triangle studs, and for my second hole, just my diamonds.

I grab my red vans to wear around the house.

I take one last good look in the mirror. Damn! McKenna, your supposed to hate Matt, not try and win him back!

"MCKENNA! COME DOWN HERE AND HELP ME WITH SETTING UP THE TABLE!" I hear my mom scream.

I don't even respond I just walk down the steps to the kitchen.

"MCKEN- Oh! I didn't realize you were down here already. Why don't you look stunning?" She compliments.

"Thanks mom!" I respond.

"Alright, now help me carry the food out to the table." She requests.

"K." I grab the glass bowl and gently set it on the wooden table.

*Ding* *Dong*

Oh boy. Shits about to go down. Just, you know, play it cool.

"Mr. and Mrs. Espinosa!! Long time, no see!" My mother says.

"I know! I'm so glad that you invited us over to dinner!"She replies.

"No problem! And how is My Little Matt?" My mom questions.

"It's good to see you too Mrs. Dylan!" Ugh. Please, like anyone's that happy to see my mom!

I stand there, in the kitchen. Deciding upon whether I should go say hello or just totally blow this whole thing off right now and run out the back door to Jessica's house.

"McKenna!" Well, looks my decision was already made for me.

"Mrs. Espinosa!" You see, I can handle her but her son is whole different story.

"McKenna." Matt says while rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Matt." I state blankly.

"Ok everyone! Let's eat!" My mom tells us.

We all walk over to the dining room from being in the living room. Everyone rushes to take their seat. Our dads at either end of the table, our moms sitting next each other, Karlie on the other side of my mom, which leaves no space on that side of the table. Matthew is sitting next to his dad. And there is only one seat left because my mom thought it would be a dandy idea to have the exact amount of chairs for the exact amount of people.

I don't wanna cause a scene by moving my chair and plate over because no one knows about Matt always bullying me. They know we aren't exactly the best of friends anymore, but they do think that we, for some odd reason, still hang out with each outside of school.