Chapter 15

McKenna's POV

I feel the bed start moving and a hand crawl around my waist. I totally forget I slept over at Matt's yesterday. I felt the need just in case I left and he actually decided to kill himself.

I pry my eyes open and the sun immediately blinds me. I look at the time it says 8:54. I groan and turn to face Matt.

"Good morning McKenna." He says with a smile spread across his face.

"Morning." Is all say. I'm so tired that I just want to go back to sleep. So I snuggle closer into Matt's arms.

"We should do something today."

"Like what?" I mumble.

"Like, maybe we could go visit Karlie? I haven't seen her in awhile and the three of us can spend some time together."

I look up at Matt, "That sounds like a really good idea. We should surprise her though, to make her even happier to see us."

"Sounds like a plan."

"I'm actually really excited for the day now. Ever since Karlie's been in the hospital, I obviously don't get to see her that much so this should be fun!"

He gives me a peck on the lips and says, "It will be."

"What time do you think we should go down?"

"Around lunch, and we can bring her pizza since hospital food sucks!"

I giggled because when we went to see Karlie last time and ate dinner there, we realized that we just wasted about 15 dollars.

"Ok. So how about I go back to my place now to get ready, and then you pick me up around 10:30, and after that we get pizza, then off to the hospital?"

"Ok, that works. See you at 10:30?" He asks.

"Yeppers." I give him a kiss on the cheek because morning breath is nasty.

"Love you, babe." It sounds nice to finally hear that coming from him.

"I love you too." I smile, pick up my clothes, and start the walk to my house.

*****

I soon as I walk in the door to my house I see that my parents are actually home.

"Hey guys! Haven't seen you in awhile."

"I know honey. Your father and were talking and we're gonna try to ask our bosses if we could start working and doing business at home." My mom say.

"That would be great!! I could finally see you guys on a regular basis!"

"Yes, and this way if anything happens to Karlie we'll be here." My dad adds.

"Speaking of Karlie, Matt and I are gonna head down there today to surprise her with a visit from us." I tell my parents.

I'm really glad that they're choosing this. I never really had a great relationship with either of my parents because they were always out of state on business trips. Working out will let me see them more often.

"Well that sounds like a great idea, honey! I think Karlie would love that!!" She says.

"Yea. So, I'm going to get ready now Matt's coming to pick me up soon."

"Ok."

I go upstairs and plop down on my bed. I don't know exactly why, but for some reason this past week I have been feeling extremely tired.

Anyways I need to pick out an outfit for today. Since it's October and it's starting to get kind of chilly I put on jeans and roll them up a bit, my Sperry's, and a thin white sweatshirt.