Chapter 10

McKenna's POV

I looked at Matt frozen in place. Never had I heard a scream filled with so much panic.

I ran out my door and down the stairs.

As I ran into the dining room, I froze.

I tried to take in everything.

Karlie was laying on the floor. One of my moms good plates was shattered next to her.

It was clear now. Karlie was passed out while carrying her plate and my mother had screamed.

I looked around the room, all eyes either on Karlie or me.

"WELL!" I said loudly after no one said anything for 20 seconds.

"She fainted, I don't know why. It came out of no where." My mother explained staring at her.

"I heard it's best not to wake someone who fainted. Let them wake up by themselves." My dad tells everyone.

I knew Karlie had been under the weather lately, but this is really out of the ordinary.

Suddenly, Karlie started moving.

"My head hurts." She said looking at us and holding her head with her hands.

"Let's go to the doctors." I tell Karlie.

"You think it's that bad?" My mom asks.

"Definitely mom, drive us now." I look into her eyes as I speak.

"Ok. Do you guys want to go home or come with us to the hospital?" My dad asks turning to the Espinosa's.

"Of course we are coming!" Mr. Espinosa tells us.

"Can I ride with McKenna?" Matt asks with hope showing in his eyes.

My mom took the hint, but thankfully didn't say anything.

My mom dialed 9-1-1 and the ambulance came in 10 minutes.

Matt, my mom, and I all followed the ambulance. My dad, and Mr. And Mrs. Espinosa followed us.

About 5 minutes into the 10 minute drive, Matt grabbed my hand.

He held my hand for a moment or two before he let go.

I looked in the rearview mirror and realized my cheeks were all wet. I had been crying and I hadn't even realized. I wiped under my eyes and looked over at Matt.

He put his hand on my thigh and traced over all my cuts with his hand.

I still don't entirely trust him and I definitely didn't mean to tell him I love him, but I'm definitely on my way to loving him.

Before I knew what I was doing I had pushed his hand off my thigh. We are moving too fast. I'm not even dating him and I told him I love him.

I looked at his face and he gave me a look that made me wish I didn't push his hand off.

I grabbed his hand and didn't look at him.

We pulled into the hospital and we walked inside.

Karlie and my mom went into a room so they could check her head and run tests.

I was so anxious I was squeezing Matt's hand harder than I should have been.

Suddenly I see a face I didn't want to see.

Taylor.

Being the curious person I am, I excuse myself from Matt and walk over to the room across from where Taylor was.

There is Taylor sitting on the hospital bed with..

JESSICA!?

And the best part? They are kissing.

I didn't want to blow my cover just yet, so I just eavesdropped.

"Babe, whatever happens, I'll always support you and your baby. I'll be the best dad I can be." I hear Taylor's voice say.

"WHAT THE HELL!" I scream walking into the room.

"McKenna I-" Jess starts but I cut her off.

"I hate you Jessica. Not just because you let Taylor cheat on me. Because you are freaking pregnant and its Taylor's baby. You are a disgusting human being." I spit at her.

I turn to Taylor.

"And you! You're a dick and I hate you even more than I hate her. Whatever we had, is over. And I am in love with Matthew." I tell him smiling my award winning smile.

I prance out of the room leaving them speechless. I walk over to Matt and kiss his cheek and grab his hand.

"That was impressive." He told me laughing.

"You heard that?" I loud whispered.

"Everyone did." He chuckled.

I look around the room and everyone was looking at me.

Whoops.

"Friends and Family of Karlie Dylan." The nurse says walking into the waiting room.

I slowly stand up and Matt and I walk into the room.

It was white and sparkling clean.

My mom was bawling.

"Mom? What's wrong?" I ask very confused.

I looked at Karlie and she looked very confused also.

"McKenna, right?" The doctor said.

"What's wrong with Karlie?!" I asked harshly.

"McKenna, Karlie has leukemia."

The room started spinning.

I'm sorry I killed your feels. Comment for more! 2 updates 2day! Holla!!