Chapter 1

It's my 16th birthday, so as promised here is the first chapter. If you haven't already you should read Hidden Past and then read this. And don't forget to vote and comment and read my Skye Stark series, starting with Starks Daughter. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------

"Steve. My hands hurt." I groan.

My fists punch the bag, pain sparking through them and I can see the redness on my knuckles. Sweat trickles down my forehead and back. Steve stands beside me, staring at that stupid stopwatch. He has a towel draped around his shoulders and is wearing his training gear.

"One minute. Keep going." Steve orders.

"But my hands hurt!" I shout.

"Just a bit longer. Come on Hatz, you're doing so well."

The watch beeps loudly and I sigh in relief. Kneeling on the floor, I breath heavily and stare at the dark tiles.

"You're so mean!" I point out.

Steve chuckles, kneeling in front of me and throwing the towel onto my head so it falls onto my face, soaking up some of my sweat.

"You did great, Hatz." Steve praises.

Laying down on the floor, I watch my chest rise and fall with each heavy breath. Steve stands over me, laughing. Looking backwards, I see the door open and my Uncle stride in. He's wearing a black wrap around material thing over his armour.

"Is that a dress?" I question, raising an eyebrow as I look at him backwards.

Uncle smiles, crossing his arms over his chest and I hear the armour crunch.

"No. How did she do?" Thor asks, talking to Steve.

"Very well. She is definitely improving and making great progress." Steve replies.

"Fine. I'm not here. I'm invisible." I mumble.

"Does this really look like a dress? I'm not to believe these comments, am I?" He questions.

"What comments?" I quiz.

"Clint said something about ghost of future past and Scrooge?" Uncle says.

"Clint? Is he back?" I sit up, wiping the towel over my face.

"Yes. He was walking down the corridor."

Standing up, I race out of the training room and stop at a junction in the corridors. Turning left, I skip down the hallway. Clint is stood at the end of the corridor, pulling on a black SHIELD jacket and talking to Nat. Her eyes turn to me and Clint turns around, a smile on his face.

Racing towards him, I wrap my arms around his waist and hug him tight. Clint hugs me back, chuckling in my ear. Pulling away, he ruffles my hair slightly.

"Hey, kid." He says.

"You've been gone ages! I've had nonstop training from Steve and no one would save me." I explain.

"Aw. You'll thank him for it one day." Clint points out.

On the top of Clint's arm, I notice dark black lines. Looking closer, the symbol is sort of like a grid with a stick man in the middle.

"You got a tattoo?" I ask.

Clint looks down, then back at me.

"Yes." he answers.

"What does it mean?" I quiz.

"Courage."

"Hatz?" A familiar voice shouts.